don't click here

Daytona 3 Championship USA

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Nov 1, 2016.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  2. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

How I feel right now.

I'm going to an arcade expo in London in January, here's hoping they also preview it there. If they do I will be covering it extensively. :D

3. Amnimator

Amnimator

More Daytona trash posting for the greater good:

Awesome that we're getting a Daytona 3. I've only recently started playing old SEGA racing games. I would have preferred a new OutRun since OutRun 2 was amazing, but I'd still be up for Daytona. Problem is how arcade is doing in the West. There are people who speculate that VR might bring back the arcade industry in the west some day, but we just got that stuff out the door recently. I really hope I can try this some day, I don't want to have to get a plane ticket just for one game since arcades are basically non-existent in the US. Knowing how a lot of modern Japanese arcade games are now, they'll likely port this to PS4 and Xbox after a while, so I'm content. It may not happen with in the next few years, but eventually, hopefully.
    Also, really wanted to play the Daytona HD port, but it's digital PS3 and 360 only. Digital games are a blessing and a curse. It's like they don't keep in mind that people will want to try their games for their first time past their shelf life. But I obviously understand it from a business stand point.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Press release:

http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/11/01/sega-resurrects-daytona-usa-with-daytona-reloaded-arcade/

5. Amnimator

Amnimator

Oh, I guess it will be coming to US first. The game is called Daytona USA. Regardless, I don't think it's going to be very prominent. If this is anything like any remotely recent SEGA arcade game, you have to go out of your way to find a machine.

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Huh. Well, alright then.

I am intruiged that they think the casual arcade racer will find fun in a recreation of the 2.5 mile superspeedway, but hey :v:

7. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Takenobu Mitsuyoshi is apparently confirmed to be working on this along with most of the original game staff. Wowowowow.

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Depends on what configuration they use, I guess. Daytona International Speedway has several, apparently.

I mean, it's probably the obvious one with only left turns, but if they're including the three original tracks as well (for... some reason), then it'd be sort of redundant with Three-Seven Speedway.

9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    God I hope he is. That man's voice is like melted garlic butter on a well-done steak levels of awesome. If they do a remix/remake/whateverthefuck of ROLLING STAAAAAAAAART I will track down a machine of this and play it just to hear it.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Holy shit YESSSSSSS!!!

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    His Daytona USA x Ridge Racer track is awesome incarnate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIyhYLfQ0A

12. Amnimator

Amnimator

I've yet to see a good reason as to why Takenobu Mitsuyoshi doesn't get much work anymore at SEGA. It's good we at least have something to see him again in.

13. amphobius

amphobius

life
    I don't think that it'd be redundant, but rather that Daytona doesn't really have a lot to make for interesting scenery. Unless they take liberties with it, I don't think it's the sort of thing that'll attract people, which is probably why Three-Seven Speedway is the way it is. Besides, Three-Seven Speedway shares more in common with Pocono Raceway than Daytona International Speedway, but an oval is an oval! I think that the infield 24h road course at Daytona would be too twisty and narrow for how the game plays, so I'd expect them to be using the superspeedway itself.

I guess it's just kind of curious that a game named after the speedway never had the speedway!

14. VolgShan

VolgShan

WEASEL FAN Member
    Texas yall
    Personal
    This will be amazing! I hope they incorporate some old school aspects into it. They have got to remix old tracks into it. If it does well I hope we get a console release! Cant wait to see what they do for the arcade cabinet.

15. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Awesome news. Daytona is legendary. Loved the original, the arcade only Daytona 2 and also the Dreamcast port. Amazing to see Sega showing the series some love.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/796057625087639553

17. i am so excited for this. i hope it isn't Arcades only though. because there are literally no Arcades around where i live.

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Pic of the cabinets

[​IMG]

Immediately concerned that the shifter is just two way and not a 4 gear box.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    How can you tell?

20. amphobius

amphobius

life
    There doesn't appear to be an H-pattern visible, rather being a push/pull sequential shifter, is what he's alluding to.