don't click here

Cybernetic Outbreak Update/Release Thread.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Varion Icaria, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I've seen that bug occur in the ORIGINAL Sonic 2 game. I believe it happens because you're going too fast for the planes to switch correctly.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    This can usually be fixed by using the invisible solid block object.

Also, your signature is a bit too big. Please, make it smaller.

3. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Mine, or Varion's?

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    This is why I love Invision Power Board. I blocked both of them a long time ago.

Back on topic, this really happens because you're too fast. Sonic's new position is calculated on each frame, adding a certain amount of pixels according to your speed. Say that you're going at 10 pixels per frame on the X direction, Sonic's new X will be old X + 10. And if this leads you into a wall (that was, like, 5 pixels far), you're stuck there. The L/R controls will be swapped in this case, to help you get out of there easily. This has been used in Nitsuja's S3&K speedruns to skip a portion of Hydrocity (and other zones, but it's obvious in HZ), and in other speedruns as well.

5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I don't think that is the problem though..

He can be just standing still beside a solid wall and spindash right through it..

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    ??

If that's the case, an invisible solid block wouldn't be the solution and it's not a bug in the original S2..

Make sure you have everything set right, like the angle, collision definition, and make sure it's set to "all" solid on both high and low. If you're using the 03 xx object, make sure you have those set correctly. Dunno what else could be causing it, I've never had that problem with all the levels I've made.

7. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    I've run into another problem, This time around it's with layer deformation, I've been converting some from S1, They move the way they are supposed to, but there is one problem that seems to occur, The BG sometimes has a delay update where tiles begin to overlap, and usually if I go down to a secondary area that is deformated and go back up some of the secondary area's 16x16 tiles got misplaced, I don't know what the problem is exactly but it happens with all of the deformations I port to S2, if anybody has a Ram guide for all of the BG and Camera things between S1 and S2 could you pass it my way so I can see if I am doing anything wrong?

8. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Nice update with video, Check first post.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Oh that's pretty amazing. <3

Since it's mostly testing and stuff, I can't say much, but it looks amazing to finally see in motion (compared to MSN pics)

10. Flaria Icaria

Flaria Icaria

I'm taken. Member
    This is the first time I ever seen you upload anything on YouTube. D: Awesome job, honey. I'm looking forward more of your finished work on those even though you showed them to me in person.

11. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Well my first video had to be a good one. :P

12. Flaria Icaria

Flaria Icaria

I'm taken. Member
    Yes, and I do like the music you have on there as well the sound effects toward the ending. x3

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Alright guys don't flood the topic with lovey comments. :v:

One suggestion I have is remove the spike trap.

14. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Well now I am posting some of the music ports I've got lined up for the game so far. Thanks to Nineko for porting the midis I've given him and thanks to the music pointer fixer for transfer to S3. 009 is my attempt at in game remixing so I hope you guys like it, and 003 is my custom sound effect I made for Silver Sonic.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/29/146...CYB-OUT_003.mp3
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/29/146985/Map.vgm
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/29/146...Cyb-Out_009.mp3
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/29/146...Cyb-Out_006.mp3
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/29/146...Cyb-Out_004.mp3

Enjoy. :D

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Looking pretty slick so far! Eagerly awaiting a background and the completed object layout. :)

16. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

I'm eager to finish the code for the boss so I can make my next movie of the battle. ;D

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    So if you are using S3K engine I assume that there will be sub bosses and act transitions?

18. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Correct, I've got big plans I can't reveal yet, but soon enough it will be displayed.

19. Lookin sweet! I can see the physics have been replicated almost perfectly!

Also I love the fact you put a Knuckles only path!

You should add one for Tails too!

20. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    The only complaints I have are:
    1) Generally linear layouts
    and 2) Dick spike placements.