Cream and Cheese in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Mar 26, 2020.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

So here it is finally officially released, Cream the Rabbit in Sonic 1, with Cheese:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Controls:
    * Press A to command Cheese to attack.
    * Press B or C to fly (Cream cannot swim underwater).

Known Bugs:

* Some odd miscolours left due to palette clashing.
    * Cheese is a bit buggy. He won't work against the final boss, and some sporadic enemies won't be recognised.

Cheese coded by Flamewing and ported to Sonic 1 by Iso Kilo. Additional sprite work done by ChelseaKittyGirl.

Download:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ct7to7

2. Roebloz

Roebloz

That's very cool! I'll try it out and give this hack my review later. I'm a fan of the OG Sonic 1, so I hope it's gonna be good.

3. Jdpense

Jdpense

Sonic 2 Chaos Adventure
    I enjoyed what I played so far! Although, I wished that Cream's partner would also attack monitors when pressing the command button... but other than that this was pretty cool character hack!

4. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Great Hack! Now we just need the other Amy.

5. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

Um, We already have amy Now. I mean, We don't need the other Amy. The Amy Rose one from Sonic CD in Sonic 1, 2 and 3 & Knuckles is Fine, The Amy Rose one from Sonic 2 Pink Edition, not my thing. You just need to replace sonic with another character using SonMapEd. I don't think the Amy Rose one from Sonic 2 Pink Edition is gonna work in Sonic 1. I'm just Saying. You could play Sonic 1 as Amy at http://info.sonicretro.org/Amy_Rose_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog. You could also play as Amy in Sonic 2 at http://info.sonicretro.org/Amy_Rose_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2 and Amy Rose in Sonic 3 & Knuckles at http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_and_Amy_Rose. That's All.

6. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Oh... okay. *sigh*

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I suppose I could combine the two hacks and use modern Amy to make Sonic 1 Pink Edition at some point. :P

Yeah, I was surprised but Cheese couldn't in the Advance games either so I stuck to authenticity.

8. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

*Gasp* Wait really!? Oh Thank you so much!

9. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

Well, If Sonic 1 Pink Edition is the Right Choice, Then, *sigh*, Go Ahead. Make this ROM Hack the best for my Brother.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'll likely do it as a test of adding extra characters into the game, something I actually haven't tried yet.

Note this isn't a 'right now' thing, just something I'm considering in the future. I've got a couple other projects right now.

11. Ben™

Ben™

Level 27 Pun Knight Member
    America
    I played through Green Hill, and I certainly enjoyed the hack! Cheese is just as OP as in Sonic Advance 2, and aside from flaws from the vanilla Sonic 1, I didn't find any issues. Also, I think you accidentally created some plot with the Special Stages. Cheese doesn't enter the ring with Cream, so that could be an in-universe explanation for why Cheese isn't in the special stages! Overall: 7.4/10, I don't particularly like Sonic 1 but this hack is cool.

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yeah that was a funny convenience. I decided not to bother trying to insert Cheese into the special stage for this reason.

13. Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Mediocre at best Member
    Small Town, BC
    Various Experiments and Tutorials
    Glad I was able to help with this project~