don't click here

Cover Art for Hacks

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by REPO Man, Feb 16, 2011.

1. djshok

djshok

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    IMO it should say "in Sonic the Hedgehog" since Sega would never refer to it as "Sonic 1."

3. djshok

djshok

Yeah I thought about that, but it sounds too awkward at best and like a creepy furry fantasy at worst, so I took some liberties.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    "In Sonic the Hedgehog 1" would work better, then. Not sure about that font used for "In Sonic 1", either, but I don't have any good suggestions to hand right now.

5. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    This are some cover arts I made quita a long time ago. The Eraser one we made it for a Eraser reproduction cartidge we have made for us, and the same for the Megamix one. The Triple Trouble one was something a friend asked us to do, for the Sonic Triple Trouble SMS hack. The cover art is based on one I found here at Retro,but changing the art for the european version art ( credits for the one who made it originally,sorry but I can't remember who)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just sketched this. I wonder if I should finish it.
    [​IMG]

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    You most certaintly should, that image is very good and would be better in colour and stuff.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Okay then. Well, I've already started some linework, and I'm trying to decide what's best. Black lines, or something like Sonic 1 US boxart? I may go with the first, because the second looks a little too soft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. GHFan

GHFan

/\
    That, my friend, is beautiful.
    Keep up the awesome work!
    BTW, definitely 2nd.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    lol, I knew it. Oh well. I feel like I should ask Tweaker though, considering this is Megamix.

Also, in the original sketch, it kinda looks like mini Knuckles is balancing on Sonic's top quill, keeping himself steady on the wall. Yeah, I could move Knux's feet around, or raise/lower Sonic a couple pixels, but it amuses me and I may keep it for humor's sake. And it's kinda cute.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Remember, Tails and Knuckles are secret characters. :ssh:

12. djshok

djshok

@Cinnosu
    Yes, perfect! I like the sound of that. I'll update the NTSC and PAL versions of the cover. Thanks for that! As for the font, hmm I used the typical Sonic font (Nise Sonic IIRC), I thought of using the same one as for the "The Echidna" part but then it looks weird with both lines being the same font...

@RACCAR

The third image won't load :( Also, is there actually an SMS hack of Sonic Triple Trouble?!?!? Becaue if there is, I NEED IT!!!

@Sonic Warrior TJ
    You most certainly should finish it! It's looking mighty awesome right now. If you want to make a cover with it when it's done you can get the Sega templates from my sig. Or if you don't mind I'd love to make the cover when you have the pic finished. But yeah as mentioned, Tails and Knuckles are supposed to be secret characters, so maybe keep them out of the picture.

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I hadn't thought of that. Tweaker didn't even mention it when I messaged him. I'll probably end up making a few variations of it over time though, and one of them will leave Tails and Knuckles out.

14. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    I was working on a version of it myself. I was gonna use Japanese-style soft shaded art in the newer look for Starry Night zone. There were gonna be silhouettes of knuckles and tails in the back.

Just saying that because this blows mine out of the water, in case you want to use the silhouette idea :P

15. TomoAlien

TomoAlien

Poland
    I am probably going to hell for this...
    [​IMG]

Such a classic hack needs some cover art :v:.

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    The JPEG quality is intentionally bad, right? =P

17. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    [​IMG]

Fixed it ;)

And about the SMS Triple Trouble, yes, there is a hack, althouth it is not finished :

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Triple_Trouble_SMS

Also, there is a Sonic Drift SMS hack in the same state:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Drift_2_SMS

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Hell no, please continue yours. That sounds great. There's no reason there can't be multiple 'box arts' for Megamix, if anything there would be more variety for folks with different tastes. I mean...look at where we are, come on.

19. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    More boxart for different regions? :P

20. Wow,you have some serious talent. That box art looks amazing!