Converting SA:DX Steam save file (plus Chao Garden) to Gamecube and vice versa?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by NitroHedgehog, May 14, 2023.

1. NitroHedgehog

NitroHedgehog

Hello! I created an account a while ago, but ever since disaster struck my family, I went out of the Web for a long time. So, I dunno is it is the right place to post this, but here it is.
    ...There is a tool on GitHub that allows you to convert a SA2B save file from X source to Y, including Chao Garden save files. Possible inputs/outputs are GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3 and STEAM. However, no such tool for SA:DX exists (I checked EVERYWHERE FOR MONTHS, only found a save file editor...) Fortunately I'm really good at hex editing, so if that's the solution at converting saves, then I should be good. However, I would perhaps need some help. Later today I will upload a new save file of SA:DX's Adventure mode and Chao Garden from the Gamecube along with a STEAM save file for us to compare, perhaps in Hex editing, and see if we can create a converter for both PC and GC. Many people on the Internet are requesting it, but no one created such a tool...