don't click here

Comparison: Sonic 16-bit vs. Sonic Advance

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ambil, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    That's my main problem with the sprites in the Sonic Advance games.

2. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    *puts up flame and bullet proof sheild*

I personally like the Advance Series. I'll admit that they have their weak points(special stages, lack of Super Sonic outside of final battle), but I find 2 and 3 very enjoyable.

I think Sonic looked better in the classics, but I think the advance style level art is just as good, if not better in places, as the classic art. The advance music isn't as memorable as the classics, but I never paid a lot of attention to game music outside or OSTs.

I think both series had their good and bad points, and the series are about equal in my opinion. If I was to give my general impression of each game from both series they would be:
    Sonic 1: Worst of the classics, personally seems a tad too slow to be a sonic game.
    Sonic 2: Probably the one I've played the most of the classics. Gave the best sense of speed of the classics.
    Sonic 3K: Best of the Sonics. Number 2 on my list of favorite 2d platformers.(Donkey Kong Country 3 is #1)
    Advance 1: Didn't like it much, seemed slower then even Sonic 1.
    Advance 2: Horrible as far as platformers go, but I love time trial mode in this game,, and is the one of only two games to give the feeling that Sonic really is moving at supersonic speeds.
    Advance 3: 2nd only to S3K. Only game to make Sonic superfast compare to other characters. The team gameplay is one of my favorite features from any sonic game.

And I think I will enjoy Rush.

that's my 2 yen

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Rocketknight's 2D perspective sucks - And the art is so-so.

4. Vangar

Vangar

:0

Rocket Knight is champion. Never speak like that again!

+ If that comparasion was a joke, why arn't I laughing?

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Because you touch yourself at night.

6. Vangar

Vangar

And you don't?!?!?!

*shot*

postcount +1

7. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    [​IMG]

Those Rocket Knight Adventures look they were smeared with Vaseline. Turn off the goddamn Gens filters, people.

The coincidences made me chuckle all the same, though.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I am sorry to bash the game without even trying it first.

9. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I forgot who exactly said it, but someone here referenced in a thread a while back about basically people being bitchy if the game wasn't between 1991 and 1994, they're going to complain.

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Probably Dude... The 3D guy.

11. Crash06

Crash06

Pending Member
    If you notice at the beggining it's written

"Voici un petit comparatif qui ne se prend pas au s?rieux entre les jeux Sonic sortis sur Megadrive et les Sonic Advance sortis sur GameBoy Advance. "

Translation : Here's a little comparison that does not take itself seriously between the sonic games on megadrive and sonic advance games on megadrive.

So I think the author might have done that has a joke just to make fun of the advance series on the gba.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Dude... Old topic, plus the creator said it himself. Look before you post next time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.