don't click here

Comparison: Sonic 16-bit vs. Sonic Advance

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ambil, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    Spain
    Here. Credit to Bkron.

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    If the English text were actually a translation of the French rather than a brief inaccurate summary I'd be more interested.

3. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I remember seeing this when it was first put up quite a time ago. XD Looking back, some of it seems pretty damn biased for no reason - case in point "Sonic Move" (pushing?!), "Fag Move" (Somersault). =P Could have at least picked a better choice for "Sonic Move", if anything.

4. Kampfer

Kampfer

I find alot of those simply opinion or nitpicks. Like how you can't push aginst springs, so what? Or so what if things look different?

IT'S A NEW GAME DAMMIT! WHO CARES IF THE HUD OR STARTING SCREEN IS DIFFERENT? IF YOU WANT THINGS TO LOOK LIKE THE OLD GAMES, MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN GAME OR PLAY THE OLD ONES!

*ahem*

5. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Half of those comparisons were to Sonic Advance 2, which pretty much everyone admits is bad anyway. The other half were either not true—such as the one about bumper sensitivity—or so opinionated that they make the argument a moot point—such as the one about the music and the one about the moves.

6. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I'm not a fan of Advance by any means, but they are a bit over the top.

For example:

Dying is having a good time in the old Sonic?

The character one. Eggman, Sonic, and Amy are in there. They were in 16 bit.
    Bean, Bark, Nack and Ray CUSTOM SPRITES are in there.

Basic shields, instead of the ones from S3&K. They must hate S1 and 2.

Poor artwork on the box? I actually like that artwork, and I bet they could not do better.

7. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    The french text is really far better than the english translation. It explains some little things. Anyway, some are really wrong.

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Can you say "biased"?

I loved Sonic Advance 1, and 2 wasn't all that bad...

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I like the MegaDrive Sonics more than the Advance games, but there's so many plain wrong things with that "comparison".

10. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Wow, just...wow. If I were him, I'd be ashamed to call that a comparison.

11. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member

No.

This is so biased. I don't see how dying in S1 is different than dying in SAdv2. Also, note the comment about the enemies. If one hits you, it's your fault. Just because you suck at Advance doesn't mean you have to start bashing it.

12. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    Spain
    LOL!1

13. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    You mean crumbling, ancient and no longer maintained? =P

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I rofled at the biased opinion. "follow the rail"

15. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

Wow, he must have really tried to make this suck. He's using a lot of genesis screenshots, and like three different gba shots, everything is an opinion! I wanna kill this guy...or at least wound him.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    While most of that is stupid, SOME points (3 and 14) are good points. Why in the world did he make it all one big picture?

17. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I agree on some of the points, like the ones on level design, but for crying out loud, it's not THAT bad. I personally prefer Advance sprites over Megadrive/Genesis ones, and do they have to bash Shadow? Hello, some people might actually LIKE Shadow! Personally, I don't see anything wrong with him... most male Hedgies look alike to me anyway, so why just jab the finger at Shadow and yell "Faker!" ?

Bleh... anyway, the old Megadrive/Genesis games WERE better in general, but Advance isn't that bad either.

18. Artis Oracle

Artis Oracle

Don't Talk Shit About Total Member
    The Spartan Project :: A General Halo Fansite
    Well, I read some of this before becoming bored of what seems like endless bashing. I must be honest and agree on some things that were mentioned but I still think the person who wrote this is an opinionated reactionary whore. I mean, I'm all for 16-bit and I don't particularly think that the Advance series was anything spectacular but Jesus christ. I read it on and I began to think more and more it was used for sarcastic/joke purposes. Either that or this person is a fuckwad. Every single statement is an opinion and some are totally exaggerated because of biasm towards the new breed of games and, honestly, it's fucking annoying. People like that should get some common sense smacked into their puny heads.

19. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I find it funny. Especially "mouse?". Unfair comparisons, but I go with them anyway because I just hate how new Sonic is like.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    That's... pretty sad. Give us your own comparisons! I've yet to see any real reasons from you other than biased opinions. Pics plz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.