don't click here

Utility ClownMapEd - The Open Source SonMapEd Clone

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Clownacy, Apr 19, 2023.

1. I think it would be really useful to be able to save art in .asm form, like SonMapEd does. That function comes in handy every so often, esp. in Sonic 3 for making and adjusting secondary tiles, and the lack of it here is pretty much the only reason I don’t use ClownMapEd over it still.

2. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Here is v1.1.1.

Changes:
    • Saving tiles/palettes/mappings/DPLCs no longer requires permission to overwrite existing files.
    • Non-MapMacro mappings/DPLCs no longer use local labels, to improve compatibility with old disassemblies.
    • Tiles can now be saved in assembly format.

Dammit, sorry. I have a bad habit of reading a message, deciding to respond to it later, and then forgetting about it. I've made it so that non-MapMacro mappings/DPLCs use SonMapEd-style labels, which should work in your hack.

I've added the option to save tiles in assembly format.

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Haha, don't worry, happens to all of us from time to time. Thank you so much for the update, it works like a charm now! :D

4. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    If anything, I'd like an option to set the label styles myself. This can be useful if you find yourself using, say, "itempat" instead of "Map_Monitor".

5. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    The label style only affects the internal labels: the main label that refers to the entire file is not determined by ClownMapEd.

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Even then, I'd like those to be modifiable as well.