don't click here

Clash of the Amys

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Bibin, Dec 30, 2009.

Pick one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111eleven

1. New Amy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Classic Amy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Old Amy.

She enjoyed mystical shit and even had her own tarrot cards. What the fuck does new Amy have? A hammer she swings around like a psychotic cunt? No thanks. If I want that, I'd watch a some slapstick love comedy anime shit.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Amy has a hammer in Fighters, and tarot cards in Chronicles. So neither is exclusive to one or the other.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I much prefer New Amy's design to the older one, but modern Amy's character is somewhat more annoying. She works quite well in the handheld titles for the reason that the design is there and she doesn't say very much =P

4. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Never played either. But I'm glad they remember the tarot cards. It's a shame it was in a terrible game.

5. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    If you haven't played either, you can't exactly say that the game is terrible.

As for the poll here, I prefer modern Amy, personally… at least till about Sonic '06 , her personality kinda degraded there (partially, anyway)… but, I guess there may just be hope, if Unleashed is anything to go by. xD;

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

New design, but I don't like her quills, I prefer the old ones. I don't like new Sonic's quills much either. They should be spiky, not curved. They're hedgehogs. I like the old design of Amy as well, though yeah, it didn't fit anymore.

7. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    Both designs are pretty adorable, though I like her new design more 'cause it makes her look more independent and grown up. Though, she needs to stop flashing the camera... She ain't that grown up yet!

Also, I don't get why her character is bashed so much... I mean, she's a damsel in distress that can kick ass with an over grown toy hammer, what's not to love? Sega just needs to stop failing at humor...

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Being an oldschool lover, I voted for Classic Amy.

Though the new one isn't bad either, at least she has some personality.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Design wise, Modern Amy all the way. Classic Amy has way too many colors going on.

Personality wise, they both suck. However, Rosy the Rascal from the comics is AWESOME.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Well if she can kick so much ass, she's not really much of a damsel in distress anymore.

11. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Well... er... She does get captured...

... Actually, wait... When was the last time she did get caught? Huh... Guess she isn't much of a damsel in distress any more... Oh well. She's still awesome in my book :)

12. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    She's more like an ass kicker who likely gets caught all the time just to display a 'damsel in distress' persona, simply as bait to lure Sonic in. That's taking the stalker role to a HO. NUVU. LEVO.

13. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Wasn't the last time Amy actually gets captured in is sonic adventure 2?

Anyways, in all the games that I have played where Amy gets captured, Amy has always legitimately been captured. Her ass kickedness seems to be fueled by her anger, as she only starts pawning in sonic adventure after the robot attacked birdy.

14. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    If it's a question of design, new Amy.

If it's a question of personality, I'll take old Amy since all she did was squeal like a fan girl rather than make plans like a stalker.

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Why the bloody hell are we arguing, we agree

16. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    In terms of design, New Amy is better IMO. As for personality... I have no idea what I think about this, because I've never actually played Sonic CD (Fucking game store has dozens of Sega CD games but no Sonic CD :( ).

17. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Agreed. Put the new dress on the old Amy, and tone her stalkerishness (yes, a new word. Deal with it) down, and she's perfect.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Prefer the newer design for the most part, the design and clothing just look more suiting for an action character. I kinda wished they'd kept her more docile expression instead of giving her Sonic's 'angry' eyes though, it made her look a bit more distinct from the other hedgehogs (or any other character that doesn't have Tails' eye format instead of Sonic's 'cyclops' one instead).

Her 'damsel in distress' role is hard to define, similar to Sally in alternate medias, she is shown to be rather competant and formidable, but tends to be more vulnerable and prone to capture than the others, likely because, in both cases, being close to Sonic makes then a favorite pawn of Eggman's. It was even more complex in Sonic X, where they perpetually switched from Amy having this role to Eggman being terrified of her more than another hero character.

It is kinda something that gives her somewhat a flexible character though, she is actually one of the more veratile characters, she's a more vulnerable stealth-based character one minute and a powerhouse the other.

19. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    I think both Amys are in desperate need of some color sense.. I mean, neither really dressed in a way that compliments their primary color well. Though I guess Classic Amy is the lesser of two evils in that category.

Also, New Amy annoys the crap outta me.

20. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Sonic Battle she uses those cards to find Sonic (Wut?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.