don't click here

Christmas with Sonic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Silver put me in stitches the whole time, this was hilarious! Perfectly annoying and beaten up for slapstick, I think he makes a better punching bag than Amy did in the first special. =P The last scene with him in it got me the best.

Also, am I the only one that noticed the Life with Louie Christmas Special reference during the scenes with Sonic's dad? Those lines are still funny almost decades later.

2. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Love it. I thought Silver was a great character to be the punching bag, and the whole plot is really, really humble, but that's what's so great about it. It's not some crazy adventure; it's a down-to-earth Sonic with a typical, normal-person personality with bills to pay and all that.

I couldn't help but notice you said it was rushed in the description. What was rushed? What was sacrificed to make the deadline?

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Took some serious brain racking but I'd finally remember whos Sonic's Dad reminds me of:

[​IMG]

Fucking genius dude, using Life With Lewie as a refference.

4. serpx

serpx

This is the first thing that got me in a Christmas spirit of any sorts. I love these -- the art and voice acting is great. Only constructive criticism is the Silver stuff was over the top sometimes IMO, but the 18 minutes flew by from enjoyment. :)

5. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    So...I'm three years LATE to this party, but caught-up now.

Looking back over some of the early comments, I thought there was NOTHING wrong with the voice acting at all.

...And it works! I have no problem watching these as they are. (But I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see it fully animated)

I can't wait to see what's next.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I dunno. This one seemed kinda sour to me.

7. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I admit, the charm of the first Christmas special isn't there, but this was still funny on its own as well. I don't even hate Silver, and any of the moments involving him got a good laugh out of me, "NOT AGAIN". Although I can see some people not liking the pitch in voice.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of in my last post. X'D Talk about a small world, I never would have guessed anybody around here would know about the show, it didn't get reran to death on TV enough.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah I remember that show fully now, good times with FOX-KIDS weekdays Life With Lewie was an underrated gem.

And I'm sure Steve was going for that reference too, "bowling with Anderson".

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I loved this one! Great humor, as always :) I actually felt kind of bad for Eggman being blamed for the water heater :P

Manic's lines trying to figure out Silver's name were perfect! Your comedic timing is spot on, man :)

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is really good and after the first minute I forgot it wasn't fully animated! "A Wii EWE!" "Blue shells??? Not today!!!" "Santa??"---> "Get back up there!!!!"

Hilarious shit and I can't wait til next year!

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Awesome:

:D

12. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Yep! We've got a neat twist on it this year too. Can't wait to show you guys ;)

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Like I said on SSMB Steve, its the only real thing I look forward to during this month.

Can't wait to see what you have in store!

14. Ryuki

Ryuki

Flashbacks to Fox-Kids; holy shit.

15. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Sorry guys. We're not doing Christmas with Sonic this year. We're doing Christmas with Eggman!

[​IMG]

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Lol, what did Sonic finally get away from his family this Christmas?

Really excited to see this one! Always a highlight of the year :) Better go back and watch the first two again!

17. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    This is the perfect way to mix things up! I'm very excited to see what happens.

Also, it's very tempting to change my Windows 8 lock screen to that drawing. I'm trying not to die of laughter looking at it.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Like the design on Eggman, good mix of classic and modern.

19. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    We've always found it funnier if Eggman was just a ball with legs.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Not sure if you're skipping one or unaware of Yet Another Christmas with Sonic.