don't click here

Chris Senn's SXC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hxc, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
  2. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    Wow, looking good so far! Looks like we'll finally have the Sonic X-Treme beta shots and level designs that we seem to like in the community. Could be a whole new section on S2B: Sonic X-Treme - the Sonic game that never was!

Now, if only we can get him to release the beta build ISO ;)

Edit: Would be better if he didn't use those Java page-transition effects... they are annoying and slow down anything that's not a Pentium 4 or above :(

3. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    I don't see any Java transitions.

And he doesn't have an ISO, at all.

4. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    404 =/

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Does he have nothing on Metal Blade or has he just not released it yet? It seems interesting because nobody has any idea what it was =P

6. TapamN

TapamN

7. Shade

Shade

Yep, I saw this just last night. Grabbed every single peice of art, music, and videos. I'm loving it. I've said it once, I'll say it again: This is all really nice and generous of Chris Senn. He himself has been handing us countless invaluable concepts and information on a silver platter to help settle our desire to learn about one of the most enigmatic Sonic games. Truly a nice man. I think I may even extend these thoughts of mine to him on his boards.

It's really interesting to learn that they had a program going where you could literally design levels in-game, on the fly, and immediately view and test the results. that's some awesome stuff. Even more impressive is that he did it all himself; Textures, layout, enemies...everything aside from Sonic and the Rings. All you see in those two videos were levels he himself created, from scratch, using the in-game editor. He really put a lot into this game. For that reason alone, it is a pity it wasn't released.

8. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Hmm, what are those "50"-thingies he collects in the Crystal Frost video?

I'm amazed by the efforts put in this game.

9. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    From what I gather, they are points pickups.

10. Shade

Shade

It seems the timer counts down instead of up. Just something I noticed. Anyway, that Crystal Frost video was great. Nice and lengthy, and a cool level to show off. Makes me want to play even more :(

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    STI should reform and relese this on the Nintendo DS.

13. Shade

Shade

Except that it won't happen. Good ol' Yuji Naka would make sure of that. Then again, I hear tell he is a sucker for Porsches.. :P

14. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Or, they could could add this to the next "Sonic Collection" game, along with games like Knuckles' Chaotix, SegaSonic Arcade, and Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn/PC version), but of course, that'll never happen. :(

Anyway, nice site. I'm looking forward to seeing that Metal Blade video when it comes out.

15. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Rofl, I would be supprised if Sega had any code yanno. I know of people who DO have code though :P

16. Vangar

Vangar

Quit with the games... Code?

17. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    I know of people who have X-Treme. I don't know them, but I know of them ;)

I can almost confirm theres at least 5 builds out there, probably alot more.. they aren't what people want, apart from one or possibly 2 though, as they have the fisheye.

18. Shade

Shade

Honestly, any build would be awesome. And since there are so many different versions of the game, it would be awesome to able to get our hands on as many different builds or engines as we could, wouldn't you say? Every little bit helps.

Of course, that is assuming we ever could get our hands on one or more of these builds allegedly out there.

19. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Of course I would get every build I could, and I'm trying my hardest, just wait, if I post nothing on it in the next 2 months or so, I haven't got anything nor will I ever have anything :P

20. Shade

Shade

Don't get me wrong; I certaintly appreciate and acknowledge your effort, and all of your numerous contributions have been invaluable to the scene. Your an awesome researcher in my opinion. We're pullin for ya ;)

Man, last year and this year combined may well be the next Golden Age of this community, and the scene as a whole. We've really come a long way. It's awesome to be a part of it.

Anyway, I wonder what other levels Senn has videos of, if any. Those previous two kicked ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.