Choose your favourite Sonic cutscene!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by VB.NET, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    My favourite cutscene would have to be the Sonic and Knuckles encounter in Sonic Adventure. The look on Knuckles' face when Sonic asks if he's been tricked by Robotnik again is hilarious!

So, what's your favourite cutscene and why?

2. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Misfit
    I gotta go with the Sonic CD Ending, if that counts.

Edit: And why? I like seeing the various levels the way the artists drew them ;)

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I would go with the beginning or ending for Sonic CD.

4. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    <!--quoteo(post=398362:date=Jan 21 2010, 10:31 AM:name=SegaLoco)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SegaLoco @ Jan 21 2010, 10:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=398362">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I gotta go with the Sonic CD Ending, if that counts.

Edit: And why? I like seeing the various levels the way the artists drew them ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice pick. I kinda miss games with cutscenes depicting every level you've completed.

5. "Let's show them the true super power of teamwork!" :specialed:

6. Nova

Nova

Misfit
    Sonic 2's ending - running through the exploding corridor, the still frames, the music... Genius.

Either that, or any Mega Drive Sonic scene that involves scenery exploding. It just looks so awesome.

7. John Calibur

John Calibur

Well I guess if Sonic CD is taken, my second pick is a tie between Tails flying sonic to the wing fortress and getting lazer spammed, Sonic hanging on for his life on eggman's aircraft as he flies to the death egg, or the part where sonic escapes the death egg while being chased by a giant explosion funneling through the escape hatch.

Well shit, I guess I just really like the final levels of sonic 2, huh?

edit: ^totally beat me to the punch^

8. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    <!--quoteo(post=398371:date=Jan 21 2010, 10:36 AM:name=Nova)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 21 2010, 10:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=398371">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sonic 2's ending - running through the exploding corridor, the still frames, the music... Genius.

Either that, or any Mega Drive Sonic scene that involves scenery exploding. It just looks so awesome.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Genesis games had awesome endings that were EVEN MORE awesome since Sonic didn't talk.

9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Sonic CD's ending. Between that and the intro, there's pretty much no room for dispute. If anyone even attempts it, I'm going to be very cross.

Shuffle's intro was nice, too.

10. Probably the Hidden Palace Zone's entire cutscene that comprises the second half of the level. So much gets communicated without a single word spoken by anyone.

11. RevFirst

RevFirst

The last parts of Launch Base easily. Many things to point out why but Knuckles making a fool of himself was the best part.

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

has covered wars Member
    I'm indecisive between the Sonic CD anime cutscenes and Unleashed's opening CGI movie, on one hand the Sonic CD anime videos are brilliantly animated with a boss soundtrack and awesome Sonic action, but on the other Unleashed's opening video is just about the badass thing I've ever seen. I can't decide.

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Robotnik is stealing the Master Emerald. Knuckles is pissed, and slightly electrocuted.

This was the best cutscene in the series, IMO.

14. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Death Egg coming to life in LRZ in S3K and showing its power by making a little flash and pretty much just shitting on everything.

15. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Misfit
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    <!--quoteo(post=398426:date=Jan 20 2010, 07:16 PM:name=Covarr)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Covarr @ Jan 20 2010, 07:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=398426">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Robotnik is stealing the Master Emerald. Knuckles is pissed, and slightly electrocuted.

This was the best cutscene in the series, IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Plus, you played through it instead of sitting around watching it....

Let's see anything top that.

16. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Misfit
    <!--quoteo(post=398439:date=Jan 20 2010, 07:53 PM:name=Malevolence)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Malevolence @ Jan 20 2010, 07:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=398439">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Death Egg coming to life in LRZ in S3K and showing its power by making a little flash and pretty much just shitting on everything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh god, ahahaha. That reminds me, the end of SSZ from S3K was pretty awesome to me. I mean, by today's standards that is nothing, but heck, running around a crumbling column in the sky and then jumping off at the last second into the Death Egg, seems pretty extreme.

17. Compsense

Compsense

TAKEN OVAR DA LOLS Member
    Oregon, US
    some dance album or summat
    Please don't hate me, but I'm a sucker for good CGI (and <strike>Eggman</strike> Robotnik's presence is a big plus for me, being his OMFGZ BIGST FAN!1 etc.). I'm stuck between the [second half of the] Sonic 06 opening cutscene - I absolutely love how Robotnik enters and introduces himself - and the Sonic Unleashed opening cutscene. I love them both for different reasons, but if I absolutely had to choose, I'd probably say the Sonic Unleashed cutscene.

18. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    The Sonic 2 ending cutscene. Seriously, that shit is epic.

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sonic 2's ending.

20. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    I've always really liked this one from Sonic Adventure 2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s08fL5wVLM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s08fL5wVLM</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.