don't click here

Choose two tracks from the Sonic series that you thought were the best

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nesplayer, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Out of all the Sonic games that have been released, choose two songs from the Sonic series that you thought were the best tracks you've heard and describe why it's your favorite.

It was a bit difficult choosing my two favorites but I've decided:

Tidal Tempest (Bad Future)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qE5A20NzQs

This song has such an incredible atmospheric sound. I'm sorry if I'm acting a little over dramatic, but this one just connects to my soul every time I hear it, It's beautiful but in a depressing-crushing way. I love how they handled the guitar effects to represent dread and fear. This was also the first track I heard that sounded different from the other Sonic tracks that are usually heard in the Genesis.

Aquatic Ruin Zone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIs4whWwTbA

When I first heard this song playing, I fell in love with it instantly. This song goes so well with the stage, the song immediately reminds me of a spanish ruin filled with green plants and roman pillars that lead you to an underwater ruin. It's upbeat and fun to listen to.

What are your choices guys?

2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I am going to go with Lava Reef Zone Act 1, because it has an excellent melody, and because I also associate it with one of the best levels of the Genesis-era games.

My other choice will be from the modern era, and much to the chagrin of my peers, I am going to pick a song from Sonic Heroes: Ocean Palace. I just love the rock guitar at the end of the loop, and when I hear this song, it's the part I wait for so I can hum along with it.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Only two songs? I'll have to think carefully. Or not, I exactly know which two songs I like the best.

Sonic Triple Trouble - Sunset Park Zone Act 3
    Because I loved Sonic Triple Trouble a lot when I was a kid. And I think this song is just awesome, there's not a real reason.

Genesis Sonic 3D Blast - Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
    Because it's one of the most powerful songs in a Sonic game. You can't avoid to dance at this.

4. C. Shyguy

C. Shyguy

Lava Reef Zone: Act 1
    Rusty Ruin Zone (Genesis): Act 2

Asking me to narrow down only two is difficult, since the early Sonic sountracks were really something special.

5. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Sonic the Hedgehog - Star Light Zone. My former cellphone ringtone.

Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Zone Act 2. Perfection.

6. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I would have to say:

Stardust Speedway (Present- US)- It's too catchy. I can't say much more. :)

Chaos Angel (Acts and Map- SAdv 3)- Sorry, I'm cheating, I'm sorry. I just love all of them the same, and asking me to pick is cruelty. :) But the melody and choir always gets me...

7. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Sonic CD - Quartz Quadrant (Good Future) US: This track feels so... zen. And it describes a glittering underground crystal paradise so well. This is one of those ambient and immersive tracks from Sonic CD US that I praise Spencer Nilsen for having composed.

Sonic CD - Collision Chaos (Bad Future) JP: To me, this track represents the kick-ass video game music of the '90s. Even though this track takes place in the bad part of Collision Chaos, I can't help but bop my head a little to this song. Great selection of instruments, too.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sonic 3 - Mini Boss. The most under-rated (yet most awesome) Sonic tune ever made. Nothing beats it. Nothing.

Sonic Adventure - Ice Cap Snowboarding ("Be Wild, Be Cool, Be Groovy!"). Words can't describe..

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I'm very partial to Lava Reef Act 1 and Icecap Act 2.

10. Emerl

Emerl

Kinda tricky, but I chose Sunset Park 3 (Sonic Triple Trouble), bypassed S3K entirely (I surprised myself too), and picked:

SONIC UNLEASHED: EGGMANLAND DAY STAGE
    You'll hear it a lot better with the WiiS2 version, but it really suits the stage, just screaming out to you that this is the fianl level (as if the stage itself wasn't a big enough indicator XD )

11. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Flying Battery Zone (Sonic 3 and Knuckles) and the Sonic Adventure remake of the Panic Puppet Zone music.

12. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Quartz Quadrant JP (present): The openning percussion, the funky bass-line. The whole presentation is just amazing. It's become one of my favorite musical pieces, as well as my favorite Sonic tune.

Empire City - Sky Scraper Scramble (Night): Jazzy, amazing, incredible. The drums at 2:02 just fuckin slay me. Best sound in the world. Walking around my own city, rainy morning, coffee in hand, no where to go, listening to this song. GOD DAMMIT hahah what a way to start a day.

I hate having to pick only two though... GAH...

Sonic and The Secret Rings - Blue On The Run: Absolutely best song I've ever had to ride a bike to. The day it hit my player on random, and the current place I was at on my way home, just fixated this in my head forever.

13. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    TWO?! Dude, you're evil. oAo

imean

Panic Puppet act 1 from Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (Saturn/PC)
    I can't resist to hum to this whenever I hear it, and it's just forcing me to move to the rhytm.

Grand Metropolis from Sonic Heroes
    This track is win. Just like with Panic Puppet, I can't resist humming to this. It's fast paced, yet, at the same time, relaxing, and I always listen to it when I want to nap. And it's great in game, too, it's just dragging me into playing. And I love those silent, beeping-like sounds in the background. ^^

These two tracks are also the first ones I fell in love with, so I guess that was also a factor why I chose them. *shrug*

14. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Star Light Zone.
    Flying Battery 2.

15. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ice Cap zone Act 1 - S3

City Escape - SA2

16. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Snowy Mountain for Icecap - Sonic Adventure

Collision Chaos Present - Sonic CD (JAP)

17. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    North Wind (Sonic vs. Knuckles)- Sonic the Fighters

Fire Stone (Giant Wing) - ...also Sonic the Fighters

18. RevFirst

RevFirst

Sonic 1 - Spring Yard Zone
    Sonic 2 - Sky Chase Zone

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    There's loads to choose from, but 2 it is...

1) Sonic 2 MD/Genesis boss theme
    2) Sonic Heroes main theme (although not as much as I used to like it)

Those 2 are the main ones that I can remember off the top of my head.

20. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.