don't click here

Can someone explain me... this ?!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dioxaz, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    "BYE

It's been fun the last 4 years running this site, but unfortuatly, due to the test of time, I've decided I can't deal with it right now. I though of having someone take over, but that would have been a joke. I thought of so many ways around this for so long, but I just can't anymore. I've enjoyed the time we've had together, and the problems we caused, and the information we've obtained. I hope it was a learning experience for you as it was for me. I'll think of you as time goes on with loving memories. I just hope years from now people will visit other sites and other forums and people who were here can tell the tale of the CulT. So, with a heavy heart, I bid you farewell.

—PACHUKA"

That's what I got, when I tried to go to the CulT (http://www.sonic-cult.org), a few minutes ago (it was working, just about 1 h 30 ago - from the time I posted this topic).

Well, it seems that I missed something really important, that I have been completely asied th e reality. I deeply have the impression that Sonic discoveries en secrets sites are shutting down, one by one...
    What I'd like is that someone could bring me an explanation hare, of what exactly happened, and what I missed. Thank you for your comprehansion ;).

2. SSUK

SSUK

Oldbie
    well...

sorry but the sonic scean is dying... SC SSRG many others... its now getting old but SSUK and others will stay up for ages to come, I will miss SC deeply!

3. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    that's too bad!!

4. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    Re: well...

Well, I hope so ;) !! Don't decieve us :lol:!
    The worst thing is that we've lost that beloved Sonic-CulT MB... That's too bad, like you say, Adamis ;).

5. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    My guess is it's an early April's fool joke.

6. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Guessing from the AIM away messages that Pach used in the recent few days ("I killed myself" and others) and that he put up a warning on the Forums and on the CulT chat before he took down the site, this one may be a final decision.

But who knows.

7. Does that make this the #1 Sonic Secrets site then? *shot*

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    They all come back...

Most people that leave the scene will come back sooner or later.

*Looks at Simon*

9. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    That's my fave site. I'LL SUE! (not really!)

10. What's going to be the "replacement" for the Cult then, as all the people have to go somewhere. To be perfectly honest I think it's slightly selfish and irresponsible to suddenly close a community with any warning whatsoever. Now everyone has no idea what the fuck is going on, and probably a few Cult users aren't going to be bothered finding a new board. I don't care if Pacuka wanted to close the site, but to just delete everything is fucking wrong.

Even if he did give a warning it was too late, as I was on Cult till late last night and logged on today to find it has dissappeared.

11. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
  12. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    *** Now talking in #cult
    *** Topic is 'CulT goes down tonight. Mirror what you wany while you can. | Gerbil, your hosting is safe.'
    *** Set by PACHUKA on Fri Mar 28 08:28:35

13. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    Phew! At leat there's a GerbilSoft.

14. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    The hosted sites are all there. SCOT, Gerbilsoft, and so on.

15. Sz

Sz

Oldbie
    Around
    Two possibilities:

1) It's a joke, prod at Andy (Wolan), that sort of thing...

2) Pachuka's body has been taken over by aliens.

16. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    True...

17. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    :huh: This topic has already started to spread across the Sonic part of the internet. Even on Gamefaqs.com! :shock:

18. Nemesis

Nemesis

Tech Member
    There's something more going on here than Pac shutting down SC and leaving for good. He's got something else in mind. Whatever it is though, it's definately not a joke, or if it is, it's a really bad one.

19. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    Yeah... now that I think of it, this isn't seem to be a joke. It's starting to make some vague sense accordingly to my conversation with Pach several days ago.

But I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly what is going on, because I don't.

20. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    Well, according to what some of you say, Pach launched a topic... erm... too late for me to be able to see it !!! I was probably in class when he launched the topic, that explains why I didn't see anything in the forum. Well, thanks for all your infos ;). Finally, I will end up by saying that I also have my own Sonic Secrets site. It features many parts from Area 51, SoSth, Tom's hacking station, SW's Sonic 2 Beta page and... some parts of Sonic CulT too !!! It can be viewed here :
    http://www.sonic-discovery.fr.st

Ah, the trickiest thing : it's entirely in French. But anyone who like the site and would like to translate it would be welcome ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.