Bunnie in Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Mar 29, 2020.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

And continuing with our Easter Rabbit parade, here's Bunnie Rabbit in Sonic the Hedgehog 2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Controls:
    • Punch A button. Hold up or down to control the direction Bunnie punches.
    • Air Punch: A (in air). Hold up or down to control the direction Bunnie punches.
    • Jet Hover: Hold B or C.
    • Rev Dash: Hold down and press B or C to charge. Release down to thrust forward.

Extras:
    On the level select Sound Test, play tunes 03, 03, 03, 0B, 10, 10, 10 and 04 in order to play a hidden bonus.

Download:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...ie_Rabbot_In_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_Rev_1.0.bin

Special thanx to Iso Kilo and the guys on the Retro discord server, along with everyone who helped with the Sonic 1 hack, whose efforts obviously got ported in most areas.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

4. Vangar

Vangar

Awesome, will check this out and come back for a review post. Love these extra characters in the game, it really gives it something fresh on a new playthrough

5. Jonny Axehandle

Jonny Axehandle

Oldbie
    EXCELLENTLY done. The lack of spindash made it quite a challenge, having to rethink the way I play the game and all. Hover/Punch fit well with the Sonic formula without making it too easy. Some thoughts:

- Oil Ocean's boss was a chore, and made me wish I had some kind of lobbed attack like a grenade.
    - In Metropolis Zone there's a glitch. Running over the smashing plates inflicts damage.
    - I was able to hand the Death Egg Robo his ass in record time, that was fun
    - Down + B doesn't seem to work, and for some reason I didn't try Down + C. So I accidentally played the whole game without the dash. Ooops...

All in all, great work!

Edit: Also if you hover out of the water in ARZ you can get some killer air time

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  6. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

-In all fairness Bunnie cheeses a lot of bosses (like the aforementioned FINAL one), may as well have at least ONE she has a disadvantage. :P
    -Ah, the smashing plate glitch might be due to some leftover programming. This was built on the Sally hack, and I edited the plate collision to work with her hacking ability. By any chance can you break the plates by punching them?
    -Weird, I thought I fixed B and C. I'll double check everything next update.

Any way glad you guys are liking it and thanx for the bug notes.

7. Jonny Axehandle

Jonny Axehandle

Oldbie
    Huh. I CAN break them. Go fig, I wish I knew I could've done that lol

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yep, that's a serious bug oversight. Thanx for telling me.

Enjoy it while you can because it's fixed next update. :P

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

10. Vangar

Vangar

Had a go, not bad, pretty good! Not sure i like coming to a complete stop when using the arm on the ground though.