don't click here

Best times in Sonic 2.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by .hack//zero, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    [​IMG]

Who knows how a 45-second clip came out to almost 7MB; I personally blame the intricate scenery that's everywhere in the zone. Note that the score tabulation was sped up to 300% for playback.

2. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    I, Steganos128, am comming back to The Sonic Center soon. I have been a bit depressed lately.

3. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    [​IMG]

4. Frigidare

Frigidare

Above picture copyright of IFG Publications Member
    Well in that case, you could simply get to the last checkpoint, wait for a time up and start again from that checkpoint, with 00:00 in the timer.

5. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    Go back and read my posts.

Notice how I differentiate Time Over from normal deaths.

The ability to reclaim 10 minutes in every stage except two, and to effectively take out between 65% and 97% of the level regardless of whether or not a mechanism in the level layout itself would allow you to do so, clearly becomes "degenerate", "broken", or whatever term you use.

So Rule 5 should be limited to Time Over deaths, but (more urgently) there needs to be a Rule 6 added, to prohibit the use of Pause-B and Pause-C.

6. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    A new one:

[​IMG]

[EDIT] Now the video is properly linked. Watch it.

7. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    In order to save this topic, I'll let you decide what level should be next.

Any level I already hold a record in doesn't count.

8. Try to beat my WFZ and DEZ records. The WFZ can be beaten easy, but my DEZ record (the one I got on video) is nearly impossible to beat.

9. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I would consider that cheating, going into the bonus stage and getting a water/lightning shield to use for saving time WITHOUT SPENDING ANY TIME GETTING IT.

10. I agree. I think it should be a flat out run. No bonus stages or dieing. If you die or go into a bonus stage, the attempt should be void. But shields should be allowed when the player gets one in a normal zone while attempting the best time. But theres one thing I'm unclear about, should Super/Hyper Sonic be allowed? Also, shouldn't this be in the Sonic 3&K best times?

11. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    We ought to have one topic for all games. Not one each, just one with every game in it.

12. SadisticMystic

SadisticMystic

a user Member
    I already held Wing Fortress, with 1:56.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.