don't click here

Before anyone asks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sazpaimon, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    [15:04] <Tweaker> Saz
    [15:04] <Nikki> he aint here
    [15:04] <Tweaker> oh
    [15:04] <Tweaker> tell him he can be visible admin now if he wants

That's why I'm admin for now. I'm covering for Tweaker due to family issues.

Don't worry, no bans will be instated and no gay topics will be pinned O:-)

2. Vangar

Vangar

K.

3. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    I was there at the time. What a bad mom :P

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I am re-endorsing this right now, while I have the chance. If anyone has ANY problems, issues, or whatnot, regarding Saz's adminship or any of his actions you have issues with, contact me IMMEDIATELY. I WILL NOT allow a repeat of last time to happen, and if it does, you only have yourselves to blame for not letting me know in advance.

On a side note, Saz has been doing an excellent job maintaining the boards so far. I trust him again for the time being, and thusly see no reason why he can't cover for me while I'm having trouble. As I said before, if there are any issues, let me know, and I'll promptly take care of the situation. If the situation warrants, we also have alternate hosting set up for us should we need it, so we're well prepared, should crisis arise once more.

That good with you guys? =P

5. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    Tweaker, you sounded like a really formal guy, and then the "That good with you guys? =P" part stopped it =P

6. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    I openly disagree with this decision on the grounds that even if Tweaker were to leave for a short time there would have still been TWO administrators left on the board.

7. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I never had a problem with Saz being admin, so I have no objections.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    1 of which is only on at like 11PM EST, and the other that is hard to get in contact with.

Plus, he was a masked Admin in order to do board matinence, so I don't see the harm... but I do understand your position, given the past circumstances. Rest assured though, I don't intend on things being even remotely similar to how they were earlier this month, and I'm sure the other Admins can take care of things in case Saz gets out of control, like last time.

When it comes down to it, he was always an admin... you just didn't know it. I suppose now I'm giving it an "official" seal, since it's not that big of a deal from what I can see. I've got control over the situation though, and if needed, when I come back full time I can demote him again (that is, if you're still uncomfortable with him).

9. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    The board ran perfectly fine when Simon was the only administrator here, and he wasn't on that often.

I guess my issue with Saz is this, he's manipulative, he's a dumbass, he IS that child that was handed a gun. He is exactly the kind of person that SHOULDN'T be an administrator. And as a point of fact, it wouldn't have mattered if he was "offically" an admin here or not, as long as he has access to the SQL database, he's root admin.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You're right, he is. That's why I've already prepared alternate hosting, should shit go down in regards to his adminship. I thought this out, you know. =P

11. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
  12. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I'm leaving S2B!! I can't take this any more!! No more of this cult scum!!

13. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    There's no way you'll ever convince me that Saz is the right person to head up this message board, he isn't, he's the absolute worst person to do that.

14. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Admins are admins. Its simple, if Saz fucks up again, he loses the trust of almost everyone here. Something I'm sure he doesn't want to happen. I trust him, for the most part.
    Also, I don't know if its relevant, but didn't LocalH say something about keeping the 3 three admin thing going? Perhaps Tweak just wants a third around for balance sake.

15. Saz isn't THAT bad. Sure he may of made some questionable decisions before but that doesn't mean he'll do it again. If he does happen to do something then LocalH can just upload a back up and everything will be fine.

Besides, if he really wanted to screw up the board he could have before he was even given admin, all he has to do is go into the boards files and edit away. Just because he's not admin on the board does not mean he can't do anything to it.

16. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I don't see what the fuss is over Saz being an admin. Voice: just give Saz a chance.

17. Lath

Lath

OMG Saz is admin we are all doomed the forums are being haxor'd we are all IP banned.

Ok, now that's out of my system, IMO you guys should just keep going on as normal instead of complaining about him, I mean even though some of youy think he's the worst possable person to be admin, trust me, I've seen worse, for example, this one 8 year old girl who had a chao and tails fetish, I mean... what is and 8 year old doing with a PC and internet anyway? It's compleatly mental.

I dunno what Saz has done to tick you guys off at him, it was a bit before I decided to come back around and start posting, but I honestly don't see why we can't just go on like normal with him as an admin, I mean, it's not like it's permanent, he's just filling in for Tweaker for a while...

18. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Simon was never the only admin, wtf.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, he was - LocalH and Hive were enstated in late September 2005 as Co-Admins. Before that, Simon was the only Admin (though LOst was an Admin for a short time when the board first launched).

However, that was when Simon was relatively active, and things were run really well. I'd actually prefer that if LocalH was as active as Simon was during that period, but that's not the case. :P

With the current setup, we have roughly two active admins. There should always be at least one availiable when needed, so things should be taken care of swiftly when called for. I always thought that was something this place needed, since I remember waiting rediculous amounts of time to get some things done before. =P

20. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I'm fairly acti*shot then mauled*

I do agree with a sort of "balance of power", and I've never had any grudge against Saz, so it doesn't bother me.

EDIT: I fixed up the *shot* bit. =P