don't click here

Bayonetta/Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle (PS4/Xbox One)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

Who wants to buy Bayonetta again? Well now you can, only now you can play it in 4k and Vanquish comes along for the ride (admittedly I never really played Vanquish). If I hadn't already purchased Bayonetta 1 like 3 times by now I'd consider, or if it wasn't bundled with Bayonetta 2 on the Switch I would also consider, but I already have it and idk if Vanquish would be worth the full asking price.

Now Astral Chain though there's a game I want eventually. But this comes out February 18, 2020.

2. MH MD

MH MD

For 40$ it seems reasonable enough especially with that steelbook, maybe it should be 10$ less

But too bad it releases at the same month as Yakuza remaster for me

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I don't think Vanquish was ever rereleased, no? That's actually pretty sweet, since I never got around to playing it before my 360 died.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I believe Vanquish came out on PC, but it never got a Wii U/Switch port though.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wait for fucking real? Holy crap I completely missed that port. And it came out two years ago too, if Steam is to be believed.
    Well, this compilation isn't really interesting for me anymore. Still more, more ports are always good imo.

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I guess all the Bayonetta/Vanquish PC deals gave Sega an idea.

Also 10th Anniversary? Maybe for Vanquish. But Bayonetta came out in 2008 in Japan and 2009 in the US.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's an excuse to bundle games from the same dev with PC versions.

Unleashed/Colors/Generations bundle would be great, but in retrospect there aren't native PC versions of the former two to make it relatively easy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    If this had Bayo 2 I *might* have considered it, but I dunno... I keep meaning to buy the Switch version but I can't justify spending $60 on it.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's nothing wrong with this bundle, but I wince every time I see Bayonetta re-released on non-Nintendo platforms. Ever since Nintendo took the reigns with Bayonetta 2 and the upcoming third instalment, it's been unlikely that any other platforms will ever get a look-in for the rest of the series. B2 is loaded with Nintendo-themed content. And even if it could all be taken out/replaced, I think there may be some rights issues over the game itself that prevent SEGA from being allowed to port it. SEGA really dropped the ball hard with Bayonetta. Nintendo has basically adopted it and made it their own thing.

Vanquish is cool I guess. Remember when Platinum Games was a new company and SEGA scored an exclusive deal to publish their games for a while? And then remember how SEGA treated them? SEGA really sucks sometimes.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Might actually pick this up. I totally missed the boat on Bayonetta and haven't played it yet, despite also owning the WiiU version of Bayo2. (I want to play the first one first, for obvious reasons.) I'll have to decide how much I care about Vanquish before deciding if I'll actually grab it.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good ol Bayonetta, the only series I can think of that has a cyclical plot between the 1st two games (Bayonetta 1 leads to Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 2 ends before Bayonetta 1 starts).

Smart way of getting around the issue with Bayonetta 2 coming out on a different console.