Awesome Chaotix

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On that note I am working on a new toon about Knuckles Chaotix called, yep, 50% of you guessed it, Awesome Chaotix. Don't worry if you've never played it, I played it for about 6 minutes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, wait, it was six minutes. Ah well. I thought the whole rubber-band idea was pretty cool. Totally out of nowhere, but still pretty good.

2. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    <!--quoteo(post=552948:date=Jan 30 2011, 11:06 AM:name=Ben Laserlove)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ben Laserlove @ Jan 30 2011, 11:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552948">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm just amazed that Egoraptor would choose such an obscure-ass game like Knuckles Chaotix, but whatever gets the word out for that game is FINE BY ME.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well he chose it because someone cmmissioned a <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066490/" target="_blank">three</a> <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066500/" target="_blank">page</a> <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066509/" target="_blank">comic</a> of it months ago. I guess he liked how it turned out enough to animate it.

That being said, having read the comic ages ago, none of it was really unexpectedly hilarious for me. I did really like the voice acting, though.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=553149:date=Jan 31 2011, 05:17 AM:name=Namo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namo @ Jan 31 2011, 05:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553149">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Egoraptor says he only played the game for 5 minutes, and said "it was bad" in the youtube description. Prrrretty sure whatever word he's getting out about this game isn't positive.

Oh well, Chaotix is a game you'll either love or hate. I love it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He sums up the game rather well after only playing the actual game briefly, all the main points are highlighted, good thing he never reached bomb and heavy!

4. Felik

Felik

<!--quoteo(post=554082:date=Feb 2 2011, 11:13 PM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Feb 2 2011, 11:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=554082">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=553149:date=Jan 31 2011, 05:17 AM:name=Namo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namo @ Jan 31 2011, 05:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553149">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Egoraptor says he only played the game for 5 minutes, and said "it was bad" in the youtube description. Prrrretty sure whatever word he's getting out about this game isn't positive.

Oh well, Chaotix is a game you'll either love or hate. I love it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He sums up the game rather well after only playing the actual game briefly, all the main points are highlighted, good thing he never reached bomb and heavy!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He couldn't reach combi-catcher and not reach Heavy & Bomb

5. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    ... anyone else think Vector sounded a lot like Tim the Bear off the Cleaveland Show?

6. <!--quoteo(post=554081:date=Feb 2 2011, 02:08 PM:name=Ranger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ranger @ Feb 2 2011, 02:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=554081">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well he chose it because someone cmmissioned a <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066490/" target="_blank">three</a> <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066500/" target="_blank">page</a> <a href="http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4066509/" target="_blank">comic</a> of it months ago. I guess he liked how it turned out enough to animate it.

That being said, having read the comic ages ago, none of it was really unexpectedly hilarious for me. I did really like the voice acting, though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Those links don't work for me, is there anywhere else you can look at those at?

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The best part is Vector's voice.

The best line is when Mighty says "Fuck noooo" though.

8. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

My favorite part of this is Mighty picking his partner. "Fuck noooo...", then he sees Vector. "Aww crocodile! Awwhaha yeeeeaah!" Doesn't even know his own friend's fucking name. Everything else I could do without. My favorite one's still Awesome Reach.

9. Briraka

Briraka

Bloody Robot
    This needs more Heavy and Bomb. They get no love. :(

Anyway, this is pretty funny if your into this kinda stuff. (I don't mean that in a bad way)

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The only thing funnier than this is the Spanish dub.

<!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IiJajzM2ok&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IiJajzM2ok&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I am nearly shitting myself at how well-made that fandub is. Why can't the OFFICIAL Spanish dub of The Simpsons get it anywhere near that right?

12. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5aW9mR4gyA&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5aW9mR4gyA&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->
    I knew there was a reason I liked this song.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You know, I have a Puerto-Rica friend that doesn't speak spanish. I have to show him that.

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>You'd understand if you were my real life friends :(</span>

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle Rules Member
    I can't count on my fingers and toes how many times I've watched this since it was posted. It's hilarious, and that Spanish dub has seriously made my day.

After watching it so many times, I went back and opened Gens to play Chaotix again(I've actually never beaten it, only dicked around here and there). I'm currently at Metal Sonic with all the Chaos Rings (about to go back and finish it up), but I totally see why plenty of people didn't care for it. The levels don't have much variety too them, definitely not enough to warrant 5 Acts per Zone. Roughly 80% of the level design seems to be running up a few half-circle ramps and then taking an elevator-like device back towards the bottom of the level. Hit a switch or something to open a door, and then repeat.

15. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

That Spanish dub is so good. Mighty made me laugh so much.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Actually, I found this little homage amusing:

[​IMG]

Remind you of anyone? =P

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    <!--quoteo(post=555602:date=Feb 6 2011, 02:30 PM:name=Covarr)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Covarr @ Feb 6 2011, 02:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=555602">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am nearly shitting myself at how well-made that fandub is.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Indeed, I found some parts of the dialogue much funnier than the original...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why can't the OFFICIAL Spanish dub of The Simpsons get it anywhere near that right?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->It used to be good, until the voice actor of Homer (also the dubbing director) died, sadly. =(

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'm sure its because I can't speak Spanish, but I don't see what's remotely funny about that Spanish dub.

19. <!--quoteo(post=555689:date=Feb 6 2011, 03:41 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Feb 6 2011, 03:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=555689">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, I found this little homage amusing:

[​IMG]

Remind you of anyone? =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The legs are all wrong, he's missing a wing, and lacking the burnination breath he has in Sonic Heroes.

20. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    The ending part when Vector dies and Knuckles is like NOO!!! NO....and banging on the glass and falling to the ground crying over him got me laughing so hard. The facial expressions just made me laugh, its my favorite part. I can't watch that scene without a smile forming on my face afterwards lol. The best part was when I first watched this I was really upset and was having a tough time and after watching it I felt much better and it made me laugh. My other favorite part is when they were making fun of Charmy and Sonic picks him up and is like "Look at how small you are!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.