Awesome Chaotix

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    This animation is true; Charmys sprite is friggin tiny.

also Mighty was indeed, awesome, in this.

2. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=552671:date=Jan 29 2011, 05:00 PM:name=MegaDash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MegaDash @ Jan 29 2011, 05:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552671">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=552648:date=Jan 29 2011, 02:57 PM:name=Mr. Pictures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Pictures @ Jan 29 2011, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552648">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kind of hard to read some of those drawings. I'm also not a big fan of squigglemation (lines squiggling around areas that aren't supposed to be animated).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's Egoraptor trademark, yup. But what do you mean by reading a drawing?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A lot of his drawings are incredibly cramped which makes them difficult to look at, especially when it goes from one drawing to the next. I hate to voice an unpopular opinion, but some of those drawings are down right ugly.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I kinda think that's the point though.

EDIT: That said, is Egoraptor losing his comedic edge? It wasn't his best...and it could've done without Knuckles mourning Vector.

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I laughed so hard I was hunched over in tears because of this video. Vector was the coolest character in that.

Could've gone without the ending of it though.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Atomic Sonic Part II
    The ending was the best part.

6. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, seriously. I still crack up whenever Vex dies. The sudden trauma to Knuckles is even funnier. And an excellent performance.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    <!--quoteo(post=552845:date=Jan 30 2011, 12:08 AM:name=MegaDash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MegaDash @ Jan 30 2011, 12:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552845">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, seriously. I still crack up whenever Vex dies. The sudden trauma to Knuckles is even funnier. And an excellent performance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I moreso meant the Chaotix ad at the end. It kinda ruined the mood with something that felt a bit tacked on. :v

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    [​IMG]

So what, is this what you wanted? The Sega screams ad at the end was a totally necessary cap to let the viewer know on a subconscious level that it's okay to laugh. It'd be like doing the ketchup packet/fork/eye trick without the "SYYYYKE BRO" at the end. There's no punchline. You're not going to get a laugh if you just let it trail off.

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Personally I'm a fan of the squiggle vision (something he actually didn't implement in full until "Mr. Literal"), and while I agree the animation could be smoother, I'd still want the exaggerated facial expressions to be in the cartoons he makes.

Also, you're all wrong - Espio was clearly the best character.

10. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Eddie Lebron's Sonic FanFilm Concept Art
    <!--quoteo(post=552867:date=Jan 30 2011, 02:21 AM:name=Namo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namo @ Jan 30 2011, 02:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552867">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, you're all wrong - Espio was clearly the best character.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with this statement.

11. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Yep, another quality piece of art from Egoraptor. Like all of his other videos, I enjoyed this one.

12. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

I'm just amazed that Egoraptor would choose such an obscure-ass game like Knuckles Chaotix, but whatever gets the word out for that game is FINE BY ME.
    Egoraptor's animations just evolves with the time (I notice things like the color palettes in his newer flash animations), I'm so amazed at the dude's talents so I don't really care if it's top hilarity stuff when it looks and sounds this nice.

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    You and me both. I wonder what on earth got him to play the game. It is a curiosity all around ...

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

agreed with Namo and SEGAmew, Espio was the best here. But I just licked the voice acting...im not really a fan of this kind of cartoon style. But I do enjoyed the Awesome the hedgehog parody too :P

15. Hez

Hez

Asshole Oldbie
    Hell
    Your mother
    Shit was funny. I'm glad it was posted on the front page. THE FUCKIN BEE!?

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Hey guys mighty knows his shit, son, WORD

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Egoraptor says he only played the game for 5 minutes, and said "it was bad" in the youtube description. Prrrretty sure whatever word he's getting out about this game isn't positive.

Oh well, Chaotix is a game you'll either love or hate. I love it.

18. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

<!--quoteo(post=553149:date=Jan 31 2011, 06:17 AM:name=Namo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namo @ Jan 31 2011, 06:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=553149">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Egoraptor says he only played the game for 5 minutes, and said "it was bad" in the youtube description.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    [​IMG]

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Alright...I finally watched this with the volume low. Wasn't as cringing as his previous works alittle laughable at some bits.

But one question, why does everybody have sonic's shoes?! did he get lazy or something?...

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    <!--QuoteBegin-'Excerpt from Egoraptor's description of Awesome Chaotix'+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('Excerpt from Egoraptor's description of Awesome Chaotix')</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->FUCK KNUCKLES CHAOTIX<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unfortunately I can attest to Knuckles Chaotix failing in the gameplay department. There was even a part I couldn't get past in the tutorial for some reason. Then I skipped that part and got as far as Marina Madness before I quit. It could've been good, but I dare say the design is even more messed up than CD's. Not to say that I think CD's design was bad, but I keep hearing elsewhere about how it's too big and discourages speed. I partly disagree, but that's another topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.