don't click here

Assembler games member has Sonic xtreme POV stuff

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Spinksy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    shot down :(

2. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So... That's it? Party's over? Did we get trolled?

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Umm, care to elaborate?

4. I'll help:

He is not gonna pass it over. :/

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So what he doesn't trust us or something? he does know who hes speaking with and what kind of talent we have here right? I mean were not just random nobodys on some forum.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    So now I'm in a negotiating phase of all of this. The guy with the source says he needs an NV1 to prep this for release, which makes sense. He wants to buy my NV1 but, as a collector, I don't want to sell.

So the arrangement I'm trying to make with the guy is to loan him my NV1 for as long as he needs, for the good of this project, on the condition that I see some proof of the existence of this before sending it out. So this might take a while.

7. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Sorry for being vague!

linkage

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Well, this sucks. Guess it'll remain lost for years to come.

...Have we considered bribing him?

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Because that's really going to help him think better of us, right?

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Eh, it makes sense. You're prepping a development environment to try and build 20 year old code, that involves tons of trial and error. Having to do this remotely, sending every single attempted build, to someone online would be an enormous pain in the ass. It would turn a process that could normally take hours into a process that might take months when you factor in time schedules and time zones and all that.

I don't think he wants to give out the source code in the first place, for the reasons we all know (ofer doesn't want that to happen, as an example.) Best case scenario would be the guy releases the source on his own so we could all coordinate together, but it's his stuff so he gets to make the rules.

I don't think he doesn't "trust us" but rather what we propose is logistically a nightmare.

Regardless, I've offered to loan him my card for free, for the benefit of everybody involved in this. I just want some proof from the guy that this is real before I mail off a piece of my collection to a stranger, which isn't unreasonable. I think the guy is going to deliver.

EDIT: IF ANYBODY IS THINKING ABOUT DOING ANYTHING STUPID AND BUGGING THIS GUY, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS. PLEASE DO NOT MESS WITH THIS DUDE, PISSING PEOPLE OFF BY BOTHERING LIKE THIS IS HOW WE LOSE ACCESS TO THESE PROTOTYPES IN THE FIRST PLACE. UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE (AND BEGGING FOR THE SOURCE ISN'T CONTRIBUTING), JUST LET THIS STUFF PLAY OUT ON ITS OWN.

11. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Good luck with the negotiations Cooljerk, this is a massive undertaking that will hopefully pay off in the end.

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    [​IMG]

What an anticlimactic letdown of epic proportions. That's what us Sonic fans get for not keeping out pessimism in check! :V
    I won't be surprised if he outright refuses to release it on the web like Ofer did with his build.

13. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Yeah, I'm also saying good luck to you, Cooljerk. We're looking at gaming history here, and I really don't want to see it go to waste. :(

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well thats fine if thats the case but I just want him to know that we can legitimately help him and were not some scammers who want the source code just 'cause.

15. nesboy43

nesboy43

Things should work out just fine. People seem patient on here and I'm glad we have a guy willing to share the game and a guy willing to lend his video card for this, it's really appreciated and waiting another few weeks is a non issue, especially in the grand scheme of things.

16. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    good luck to you CJ, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we are very excited to see what comes of this!

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Hello perfect example of how not to act. Don't whine if nothing comes from this, you'll just look like an ungrateful shit.

18. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Eh, I thought the ":V" at the end (and the bit about pessimism) was enough to indicate I wasn't being serious. That said, I'll reign it in.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but did Jollyroger say he had multiple backups of the game?

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I assumed he meant he had backed up what he got multiple times, so it's not in danger of disappearing. He's also not really making secret his intent to release this stuff, at least a binary.

He claims to have built the source, but obviously without the card he can't test to see if it built correctly.

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

We worked it out :)