don't click here

Asm lessons

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Mikel, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikel

Mikel

Can someone give me asm lessons?

2. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I was giving ASM lessons, but hardly anybody seemed interested so I stopped doing them. If more people show some interest, I might start doing them again.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  4. Mikel

Mikel

I'm interested

5. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    1 person isn't enough. Last time it took me 5 hours to do a lesson where everyone involved understood. I'm not doing 5 hours for 1 person, only to repeat it again for someone else at a later date. Either I teach a group of people in one lesson or I don't bother. I'm a bit limited on time.

6. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    Well, I for one- (two?) would be interested in learning ASM. Being taught always makes things easier.

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Learn to teach yourself ASM. We're not a babysitting service nor a school. Sorry for being blunt but that's the reality of it.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There there Tom, calm down...

Learning yourself is good. I had to, but help is always nice; I always make sure I've got someone who can clarify my assumptions.

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Guides and tutorials can teach you a lot. For more info, try your favorite search engine, which is google. No one likes altavista or lycos any more.

10. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Yeah, I just took a look at the guides on Hacking-Cult, and this seems fairly simple. Just need a good memory. :)

11. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Screw you, Altavista all the way!

As for ASM, you'd probably be better off teaching yourself, unless you can find other people who want to take lessons from Stephen.

12. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I didn't use the guides from hacking-cult. they made absolutely no sense to me. Hell, When I get better at it, I might write a... easier to understand guide.

13. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

The Hacking-Cult guides are very well written, and helped me a lot, I know the basics inside and out now.

<3 ASM.

14. Striker

Striker

Oldbie
    SSRG
    I'm interested in ASM lessons too, I was going to talk to you about it next time you were on MSN.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I remember Saxman saying no one was interested in learning assembler. It wasn't the future yada yada.

16. IcePak

IcePak

I'd be interested in learning ASM as well if you're still offering to teach a group Stephen.

17. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Ok judging by the amount of people willing to learn, I'll consider doing the lessons again sometime soon. After recent happenings, my social life might have took a bit of a tumble for a couple of weeks, so ~hopefully this time I'll be sober when I do the lessons. Last time I'd had a few too many, but at least I still managed to get the lesson across... eventually.

18. Vangar

Vangar

LOL, I'd hate to see you people in the future. Where is ASM going to take you in life? I don't want to be the negative one but learning old code won't get you far. ;)

19. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    You have to start somewhere though. Once you learn how programming works in general, you can apply that knowledge to other programming languages once you know the equivalents of the ASM commands. Personally, programming doesn't interest me that much, so I wouldn't take the time to learn any others. The only reason I learnt ASM is coz I managed to grasp the concept of it in a few days.

20. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

I don't plan on going anywhere with computing at all, so I'm learning ASM just for fun, and so I can create new things for an old favourite game.

No harm in that is there? :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.