don't click here

Ashura

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RAMPKORV, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    Good day.

Do we know who came up with the name Ashura for the glitched green Sonic? It bothers me that we don't know who invented this name but all use it.
    Myself, I read about it when searching for cheats for Sonic 2 on the net for possibly ten years ago - but my memories aren't so good.

2. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Ashura

I have hear that the term/name Ashura literally means "demon" in Japanese or Chinese, but I'm not sure. Also, I searched Ashura on Wikipedia and came up with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashura

I find it interesting that the Day of Ashura is celebrated on the tenth, and the tenth means a rebirth in numerology, something like how in the glitch, Sonic is 'reborn' to become Ashura?

... bite me, its late and I've had a stressful week.

3. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    According to Google, it may have been someone named Charles "Kiken" Mugg.

4. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    So that's the guy we need to order the hitman for. The leader of all those legions of n00bs.

5. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    And have your hitman kill Big the Cat. And that damned frog. And the shitty palette swap fan characters like Ashura.

6. ^ That would mean RedHotSonic would have to be put to death.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Or I should put you all to death for not being on topic. Maybe you should add constructive discussion instead of mindless dribble?

8. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    Tweaker, that was priceless.

But more to the point, I don't even know why we're getting into a big discussion about the origin of this pallette swaped Sonic's name. Does it really even matter? I mean we should at least be thankful to whoever did come up with it that we even have a name to reffer to the 'Green Sonic' by.

Speaking of Green Sonics, before I played SSBB, I thought that they would give you the chance to change Sonic's fur color. Which would A. be rather fun to play as something like a red Sonic and B. be a very sucidical move for the series.

9. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Technically, Ashura isn't a fancharacter since he was a glitch in Sonic 2. Ashura just happens to be an unofficial name for it.

10. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Well, the glitch has been transformed into a fancharacter. Same thing happened to "Wechidna". >_>

11. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Ashura has been around a very long time. I remember first coming across the name. I wondered where they got it from myself, but then around the same time I saw a code for one of the Street Fighter games I think it was that allowed you to play as the character Ashura from the game. So maybe, somehow, there's a connection there.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That would be Akuma.

13. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Akuma has a move called "ashura warp".

14. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I just changed my name from "Ashura the Hedgehog" =P.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not necessarily. Although he named the glitch I'm sure he wasn't the one who started spewing out shit like Ashura is Sonic's long lost Brother from Dimension X or some shit like that.

16. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Was it? I guess I have a faulty memory there then. Because I remembered pondering about that when I saw the code. But I'll take your all's word for it.

17. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    [​IMG]

OMG, Super Ashura in S3&K :P

18. Flygon

Flygon

Please tell me that is not sharked.

19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Nope. It's just done in debug mode, nothing else required.

Enter a special stage ring, then press B before the screen fades white, so you appear as a ring. Then, exit the special stage and when you come back, Sonic will have the ring's patterns. BUT, when you place an 'S' montior and break it, as Hyper Sonic, you still have Sonic shadows, which turn into this colour at the boss.

Odd thing is that before the boss, the shadows are an awesome purple, which I thought was unused, until I noticed that the mushroom badnik uses them... and seems to be the only thing that does. What a waste.

20. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    That is like...wow. Just... wow. For a glitch, you have to admit that Ashura looks kind of cool. Let's just hope Sega doesn't decide to make him into a standardized evil-twin type villain or something. That in itself would be evil, amirite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.