don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Since, I already read the issue, I'm going to let you know now that he never once told any of them his new name is Shard. Although he does use the Undercover name "Agent Jack" to communicate with another member of the Secret Freedom Fighters at the end of the issue, but not until after departing from Albion The Echidna Homeland while Team Fighters moves on to rescuing Sally.

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

I keep seeing people complaining about Shard being called Mecha Sonic instead of Metal Sonic. I just... Really? I don't get this. It's a few letters in one part of an old name he used to go by. It's also the name that the comic called him in the first place. It doesn't even affect the story. Seriously, why is this even a problem?

But you guys don't care about complaining about complaining. You just want spoilers. Here, have some Mega Man 23 scans that lead into the crossover.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even ignoring those, I really liked this issue. It was put together pretty well as a standalone story.

Bring on the crossover.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Which they then said was a mistake in the first place and even called him Metal Sonic in later issues.

4. Tylinos

Tylinos

Yeah, it was definitely a mistake. But people keep talking about it as if him being called Mecha Sonic never happened and that calling him it in 246 was a retcon. Fixing it and calling him Metal Sonic was a retcon, one which took them years to even do. (#25 wasn't the only time he was called Mecha. He was in the Chaotix Special too, and Sonic 57's recap. He wasn't called Metal until the volcano story, and then the next time we saw him he was Shard.)

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think its more of the fact that its just more of SEGA's petty meddling.

allot of what SEGA does to this comic is petty and its proven in this recent quote from Ian...

Spoilers because it is about a current SU issue:

about Metal Sonic Speaking.

Theres keeping this comic on a leash so it doesn't get wild again and then theres just locking it in a cage and never letting it out to breathe. and its not like if they were given more freedoms that they would abuse them like in the past, Flynn would see to it I have trust in him that he wouldn't go Pender's unrestrictive freedoms crazy on the comic.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    How is keeping Metal from being a chatterbox a bad thing? Heaven forbid they try to maintain consistent characterization on characters throughout the franchise.

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

http://www.destructoid.com/d-aww-sonic-and-mega-man-chibis-adorn-these-comic-covers-248605.phtml

[​IMG]

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh shit the skull egg zone is a remodeled death egg?

I feel like this arc must have something to do with that blue chaos emerald that went missing after the genesis arc

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    How is being blow'd up in every issue it appears in "consistent characterization"?

Besides, different universe and all = not game canon. let metal sonic speak a bit, it doesn't need to be Shard level chatty seeing as we got Shard for that but it doesn't need to follow its game canon self 100%.

Btw, Tylinos, doesn't look like destructoid likes you hotlinking seeing as the image is nothing but a red X to me.

10. Tylinos

Tylinos

It's showing up fine for me, and on another computer in my house. Did you try refreshing? If that still doesn't work, that's what the article link's there for. Image is over there too.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ugh, this again. for some reason, an image just fails to load under any circumstance when I use my normal browser, which is IE based. I load it in firefox it loads fine though. so what, is there browser-specific .jpgs now?!

12. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    When the FUCK did I say anything about blowing up every issue? I said keep him mute. Do mute people you know in real life all enlist in Al-Qaeda, or something?

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Over reaction much. But while Lanzer brought up a point unrelated to what you said, it is true. I wish Metal wouldn't blow up every time he shows up. In fact, I said this before, but I wish Metal Sonic was Robotnik's right hand man, sort of like what Mecha Sally is right now or what he was in Sonic 4 episode 2. I want to see them work together, not just to be Robotnik's one and done errand runner.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Over-reaction first of all, chill out.

Second, You were talking about universal consistent characterization when it came to Metal Sonic, that never existed with him since in the comic's he was nothing but cannon fodder to eggman, thats what I was bringing up. nothing is consistent with the games when it comes to the comics, sure its nice that theres more game refferences but I don't really think all game character's need to mimic their game 'selves to perfection since this is another universe, something SEGA tends to forget sometimes.

15. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    And the fans tend to forget the main purpose of the comic is being a commercial. SEGA trumps all, and if the choice is Metal Sonic characterized as talking, or as a mute, SEGA's choice wins. As it won, anyway. And I still don't see where I said anything about him exploding- I was saying SEGA was trying to maintain constant characterization around, IE "Metal Sonic the lean mean killing machine". Or do you think SEGA was the one to order Metal to explode every issue?

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

Another cover's up already, this time with an actual solicit:

[​IMG]

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Light looks entirely too happy there, considering his Mufasa-esque falling problem he's got going on...

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

Finally, Universe 53's cover and solicit are up too.

[​IMG]

19. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    EDIT - Crap. Thought someone didn't post the Powered Up cover. Sorry. Trash this, please.

20. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    Oh christ. Yardley! drawing the Chaos Devil. Here's to another snot monster like in Sonic Universe.