don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    <!--quoteo(post=597587:date=Jun 21 2011, 09:22 PM:name=Aquaslash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Jun 21 2011, 09:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=597587">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, it's just them treating him like shit in prison. They're gonna grow back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Honestly, I think he looks better off with short quills. hope they won't grow back as fast...

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I've always found Scourge the Hedgehog amusing when I view him as a parody of recolored fan characters, and this Scourge-in-prison story's shaping up to be a fun little misadventure. Looking forward to it.

3. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Shaping up to be a fun issue so far!

5. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Misfit
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Wait, wait, wait... They fucked up. Snively referred to Robotnik as Dr. Eggman. This is unacceptable.

I'm kidding, this issue looks fantastic. :v: <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>The usage of the name Dr. Eggman still irks me however.... </span>

6. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    The art in this issue so far looks beautiful, I like how well drawn Sonic is. It seems like his memory is completely wiped too, and only remembers things that happened prior to the Sonic 1 Saga. To bad Snively and Freedom Fighters are in the arcs though, I have nothing really against them being there although I'll admit I've never been fond of the Freedom Fighters, but for the Genesis arcs it would've been great if they were exactly like the games.

Even if its just temporary its nice to see a Sonic comic series very close to the games. I've been wanting to see something like that for the longest time, for years, since I was a little kid. I'm looking very forward to these Genesis arcs though they are looking to be really good arcs to read and the artwork is beautiful so far. I really love the Scourge in jail arc too, looks hilarious and a fun read as well.

7. BUT WAIT, THERES MORE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The latest comics have me really warming up to Snively and this is no exception.

He'd make a pretty cool game character. Every other Archie character stay the hell out. :colbert:

9. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Classic Eggy <3

If I had any local comic shops around here I would pick these Genesis issues up, they look fun.

10. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    <!--quoteo(post=597962:date=Jun 23 2011, 12:09 AM:name=A Knothole Resident)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A Knothole Resident @ Jun 23 2011, 12:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=597962">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->BUT WAIT, THERES MORE

[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OMG Eggman looks amazing here, its his Classic Japanese game design! YES! :P I can see Marble and Labyrinth Zone too and they look great and very much like their levels in Sonic 1. I can even see two little UFO looking objects in the background of Marble Zone just like Sonic 1 Beta.

11. This issue looks incredible. Day one purchase.

12. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Misfit
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    For once I feel like picking an issue of this comic up. Thanks for that, Barry the Nomad.

13. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I'm in love with Classic Eggman. They got him down PERFECT! <3

Seriously hoping this temporary universe becomes a new series. :(

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=597971:date=Jun 23 2011, 12:31 AM:name=SonicGenesis89)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SonicGenesis89 @ Jun 23 2011, 12:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=597971">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can even see two little UFO looking objects in the background of Marble Zone just like Sonic 1 Beta.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whoa, I was too busy admiring everything else to notice that! That's a really awesome extra detail. I'm going to go join the crowd hoping this becomes a new series, it's just so fantastic. And I don't particularly take much issue saying that based on what little we've seen.

15. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I'm stoked for this, oh so very much. Those first pages really show that the comic could be a ton better if they got rid of all the needless baggage. If only the FFs stayed in Green Hill, but I see they're dragging Sonic's arse until Labyrinth. I suppose it wouldn't be an Archie issue without bullshit.

Sally Acorn, I introduce you to my black marker. You stinking Mary Sue, I won't have you ruining my fun.

16. Badnik

Badnik

<!--quoteo(post=597970:date=Jun 22 2011, 11:27 PM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Jun 22 2011, 11:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=597970">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Classic Eggy <3

If I had any local comic shops around here I would pick these Genesis issues up, they look fun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it's any help, Sonic is one of the easiest comics to find outside of a comic shop. Most Border's carry it, as well as supermarkets, pharmacies, stationary stores, etc. Right now I wish I had gotten that subscription when I thought of it a few months ago.

17. Wait...

Since when did Archie get interesting to read again?

18. Badnik

Badnik

<!--quoteo(post=599468:date=Jun 25 2011, 11:05 PM:name=True Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (True Dude @ Jun 25 2011, 11:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=599468">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait...

Since when did Archie get interesting to read again?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's not, like, an issue number where it suddenly gets good. The quality has been slowly getting better over the last two years or so.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    <!--quoteo(post=599472:date=Jun 25 2011, 09:25 PM:name=Badnik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badnik @ Jun 25 2011, 09:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=599472">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=599468:date=Jun 25 2011, 11:05 PM:name=True Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (True Dude @ Jun 25 2011, 11:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=599468">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait...

Since when did Archie get interesting to read again?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's not, like, an issue number where it suddenly gets good. The quality has been slowly getting better over the last two years or so.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's really good to hear. I may have to restart my subscription sometime soon :)

20. <!--quoteo(post=599472:date=Jun 25 2011, 10:25 PM:name=Badnik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badnik @ Jun 25 2011, 10:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=599472">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's not, like, an issue number where it suddenly gets good. The quality has been slowly getting better over the last two years or so.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I checked not even 5 issues ago and it still was crap to me, especially Universe. Suddenly, both titles have incredibly awesome stories happening.