don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I'd like to counterpoint Vaiz and say that Jon Gray's artwork is one of my favourites' in the series, even though I feel he suits Disney better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    Matt Herms also strikes me as very Yardley-esque.

I've looked back... and some of the things that I initially thought Bates or Yardley drew, turned out be from Herms.

So you can pretty much clump the three together.

EDIT: Looking back again, looks like my first assumptions were right... Herms just did the colors. Reading, folks, is educational...

3. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

YOU CANNOT FATHOM HOW MUCH I AM LAUGHING RIGHT NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

WHY IS VECTOR GROPING A GOOSE

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Sam Maxwell drew the first issue I got into, and I fell in love with it instantly. Fry has some chops, though, and I've always liked his manga style. Spaz, at his best, was always fantastic as well.

I dig that Renae Deliz clip. I don't think I have that issue. Does anyone have a bigger version of her work?

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Ooooh, are we talking about crappy Sonic art?

[​IMG]

6. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I'd like to counterpoint myself with you and say I really like the way he drew Sonic and Knuckles there. It doesn't look as downright silly as I remember it looking in the comics. He's a great fit for Disney shenanigans, though.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Who the fuck drew that? they need their hands burned it looks like a shit fancomic.

EDIT: damnit new page ninja'd.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    Oh come on, bringing up Many Hands is just cheating :P

Many Hands was an artist who no one really knows for sure the name of, who was infamous for his terrible pencils, outright copying of artwork of other artists, and a marvellous comic in which 40% are black panels (as it was dark) and 40% are white panels with a snowflake effect (it was a snowstorm).

9. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Yeah, I remember his "artwork". That was probably the first time I considered dropping the series, as I was afraid that he'd become the regular artist. Boy, that art sucked.

10. The KKM

The KKM

Portugal
    Also, some speculation is going on at Bumbleking Forums. We still need the solicit to confirm it, but this Scourge arc is possibly the arc Ian Flynn said was going to be written by Yardley!, so dunno.

Also,

Just sayin' :P

11. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    ROFL

Why does Vector have an erection?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because as said before he's groping a goose.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Why has no one said anything about the top right?

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    This is actually the only issue of the comic I actually have on-hand (because I don't and haven't actively subscribed to it). The artists seem to change every few pages (6 line artists in 27 pages, plus Spaz's cover art), which explains why characters end up with varying anatomical detail and parts that look off-model.

I can upload scans of the pages she drew, if that helps.

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Oh god. As if this art wasn't bad enough, now I have to contend with the fact that I'll never be able to unsee that.

Does this picture strike anyone else as a bad Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ripoff? Anthropomorphic animals with muscular human proportions fighting evil. Then again, I can just be over-analyzing again and this could simply be shitty artwork.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Why is the writing in this small Q&A much better than it is in the actual comics :psyduck:

17. All I could find was cover scans. Am I doing something wrong?

18. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    You have to register as a member of the site in order to access full issue downloads.

Also, make sure you have the program "CDisplay" in order to read the files.

19. Yeah, the guy who does the comic scans on TKA has provided re-scanned back issues all the way back to Sonic #55 (Ongoing), the entire Knuckles comic, and naturally the newest comics. If you're looking for the latest Sonic Universe (26), it's in the Uploads section on TKA.

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Why? Any zip-capable archive reader should be able to read the archives on there as well. :psyduck: