don't click here

Anyone noticed how ridiculous some of the background text is in SA2?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by flarn2006, Nov 28, 2012.

1. flarn2006

flarn2006

[​IMG]

This is from the cutscene right after Iron Gate, on that huge door that Eggman opens at the beginning. The first one says "ExplorationAX Development of Space"...okay, I guess that makes at least some sense, as Shadow was recovered from the ARK, which is in space. But what the hell does "EducatoinalResources [sic] DoingBusinessWithQA" mean? It especially doesn't make sense that that text is repeated in a Caution sign. I used MainMemory's debug menu to get a better look, and that is indeed what the Caution sign says.

I would understand a little Engrish maybe; something that at least roughly has to do with what the text is on (like the ExplorationAX thing) but where would they have gotten "EducatoinalResources DoingBusinessWithQA"? Anyone have any idea?

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I have no clue, could be some kind of posted notice for what info gets sent to Quality Assurance on GUN's island.

What got me was the Engrish on the highway signs when you're doing the car missions. Drive Safety! or something like that.

3. I remember all of us collectively squinting and trying to read what GUN stood for back in the day.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guardian Units of Nation.

Yeah I believe we did some in-depth detail on the SA2 background text before. we cracked up over the research paper with the biolizard on it and how broken the engrish was.

Sonic X suffers from it too with Gerald's diary.

5. WEIRD how there's Engrish in this game when the game was developed in AMERICA. I guess they never thought the game would ever be seen in HD so they just wrote whatever the fuck sounded reasonable, and I wouldn't be surprised if the text was put there by some of Sonic Team USA who were from Japan and didn't speak much English.

6. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

WANTED TAILS
    Date of birth: None.
    Complexion: Fox.

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    TAILS IS AN UNBORN CREATURE! Of a fox complexion.

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I thought it was just the Japanese word ?/gun which means 'army'.

9. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

“Samba De Taco
    CALL -US0-800-1AMBA”

They thought “us” was typically a part of the number and “1-800” is backwards.

That profile thing mentioned before.
    [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

Background text knew about Black Arms before we did. Or it's saying that astronomers are racists.

Also, bonus:

[​IMG]

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Weight: Light

12. Well atleast we can't argue over whether Tails is orange or yellow, since it says here he's a "fox brown".

13. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    His complexion is "Fox"? Does that mean that my complexion is "Human" rather than light?

14. Nope, it stands for:
    We were all squinting and trying to figure it out until someone spotted it in the Japanese guide.

15. flarn2006

flarn2006

All right, that's just hilarious. (Hope they're not racist against foxes though.) I don't see any text in the second image, though.
    EDIT: Take a look at this. Look at the first sentence. Think there could possibly be a connection? (Though I don't see how.)

16. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    [​IMG]

I don't know how they missed it, but there's a pretty blatant typo with this background text.

17. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I can't find any typos. But "I am genius" is not grammatically correct.

18. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    How did you find that? That's a REALLY weird coincidence, if I do say so myself. Maybe there is a connection.

19. It could be just my screen, but it looks like that it says "gemius" instead of "genius".

20. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    You sure it's not "Guardians of the United Nations"? Because this made more sense to me.