don't click here

Anyone know about this Sega Genesis game?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Vinchenz, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Now, I've played this game a very, veeeerrry long time ago. I'm convinced it was on the Sega Genesis. I occasionally think about this game and ever wonder if it were real.

Now then, the sparse details. I remember that the game played in an isometric view. I remember that there were three characters to choose from, a man, a woman, and a centaur. I remember that the first level was a jungle-like level. I remember always choosing the centaur because it was easier to play as him than as the other characters. I think the game had a barbarian theme.

These are the only details I can recall, and some of them are probably not right. Playing as a centaur, however, is definitely a gameplay feature, I vividly remember playing as a centaur because I didn't understand this man-horse-thing and definitely because I had an easier time playing as him.

Now if this game did end up never existing and was implanted by my subconscious I'm sorry for wasting your time but I'm convinced its a real game.

2. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Saint Sword?

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
  4. NeKit

NeKit

Russia
    Sonic SCANF
    Golden Axe maybe? Though no, no centaur.

5. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    No. Not Landstalker. You only play as the treasure hunter Nigel. No centaurs.

I never played Light Crusader, so I don't know.

Isn't Saint Sword in plain view 2D?

Also, in fact, I don't remember any games in the Genesis with centaurs, other than Mortal Kombat. I'm quite intrigued right now.

6. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

It doesn't seem to be any of the games mentioned, unfortunately.

I honestly believe that this is a real game... but there is a slim chance that it might have been a dream I had when I was that young. It might be because the memory is so old it seems like a dream but I choose to believe that it's real.

7. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    What do you mean by isometric; Sonic 3D Blast?

Regardless, I searched on Sega-16 for "centaur" and the only other relevant game(s) I could find were the Shining titles, but In the Darkness is generic maze-like 3D with a fixed frontward view typical of "3D" games back then and Force and Force II are bird's-eye-view...

8. Endri

Endri

Yeah, Shinning Force II almost fits the description. IN the begining of the game, your party is constituted of a [boy], a woman and a centaur, and the game has an epic theme. Except you cannot choose which character to play with, per say.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    That's not an isometric game. It's a Streets of Rage styled beat 'em up. (Or rather, Streets of Rage is a Golden Axe styled beat 'em up.)

10. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yeah, except I think the sprites weren't as big as 3D Blast and thinking about it, the game may have only moved in one direction (To the North-East, I mean).

It's OK if you guy's can't figure out what this game is. I can continue to live in this delusion as always. :v:

11. JDAdams

JDAdams

12. except that you start out inside a tower, not a jungle-like area. In fact I don't think there are ANY jungles in that game, but only woods... lots and lots of woods

13. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    If you really want to find out if the game is real or not, you could always download a full Genesis romset and emulator and try out all the games to see which ones you like and which ones you don't. One day, you might stumble across the one you are talking about. If you never do, it's most likely it was a dream. If you do try this process, along the way you will probably discover a ton of games you never would have known you would like.

14. GoGoThursday

GoGoThursday

Beast Wrestler is isometric and has a selectable Centaur-type creature, although that's where the similarities end, unfortunately. If there was a list of isometric/3D-viewpoint Mega Drive games then it wouldn't take long to find, as I'm sure there weren't that many.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I've never found a full genesis romset. A lot of genesis games are ESA protected and aren't included. For example, I don't even have Aladdin in my set. The game he's looking for, if it exists, could very likely be missing in the set.

16. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Pretty sure you mean ESA.

And also Emu-Russia.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yes yes ESA, my mistake.

18. Endri

Endri

<!--quoteo(post=512343:date=Sep 30 2010, 03:56 AM:name=::CMG (UTOPIA)::)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (::CMG (UTOPIA):: @ Sep 30 2010, 03:56 AM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    except that you start out inside a tower, not a jungle-like area. In fact I don't think there are ANY jungles in that game, but only woods... lots and lots of woods
    [/QUOTE]Nope. You start in the hero's bedroom, inside the hero's house. I guess you mistook Shinning Force II with Shinning Force II 8-bit. And yeah, there are no jungles; only woods... lots of them.

19. Nope. You start in the hero's bedroom, inside the hero's house. I guess you mistook Shinning Force II with Shinning Force II 8-bit. And yeah, there are no jungles; only woods... lots of them.
    [/QUOTE]

Actually I was talking bout the first BATTLE, not where you start the game LITERALLY :colbert:

20. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Uh... that ESA protection list? I highly doubt it's real, considering how it only lists the most famous properties by its members. At the least I expect the ESA to treat all properites the same.

And if your ROM pack is incomplete, I doubt you're looking hard enough... not going into any details here, but I'm just saying.

Right now I'm doing a thing with Sega Retro where I write at least a stub article on a random game each day. If I come across a game that resembles the one the OP was talking about, I'll let you all know. Until then, check my signature to help, since they are stubs after all :)