don't click here

Anyone here remember their first Sonic Game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dan Genesis, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Skippy

Mr.Skippy

FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Member
    Livingston, CA
    Sonic Alpha Redux
    My first Sonic game was the Sonic and Knuckles Collection for the PC. I was around 6 or 7. But god damn was the framerate fast as hell on windowed mode. I later realized 5 years later that it had a fullscreen mode and the game had perfect framerate. That game is still awesome though... even though it doesn't work on my computer now.

2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I still have that game. I rather liked the music they used on it (not as good as the Genesis originals, but pretty good nonetheless).

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    For sure. I actually preferred the Carnival Night Zone and Launch Base Zone music on the PC over the Genesis versions.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Same here. I never liked the way the music just stops in the MD versions.

5. Mr.Skippy

Mr.Skippy

FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Member
    Livingston, CA
    Sonic Alpha Redux
    Launch Base Zone Act 2 for me. Seriously, that song sounded awesome compared to Act 1.

6. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Yeah, more Launch Base than anything else. The Genesis version was cool at first, but it was far too short and looped too often. It got real annoying real quick.

EDIT: I can't believe I typed "Lunch Base".

7. Pyro Wolf

Pyro Wolf

Kansas
    I wasn't going to post but since I can add something...

What are you using? I'm using windows 7 and I can get it to work(It flickers a lot though). Go to GAME then click on RUNSONIC.EXE

I can't remember the very first time I played a sonic game (I've been playing video games since I was old enough to hold a controller) although it was most likely Sonic 2

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    There's a patch you have to download in order for newer versions of Windows to play it correctly. I know you need it for Vista, but I'm sure you'd need it for 7 also. It's on the wiki btw.

9. Pyro Wolf

Pyro Wolf

Kansas
    I saw that, but I can't get the disk to install onto my computer. I keep getting a compatibility error whenever I try.

10. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I was about 7 or 8, and somebody at school had Sonic Advance 2. I thought it looked cool. Well, actually, I thought all video games were cool at the time, lol.

Cut to next year when we got a Gamecube, we also got a bunch of games. One of them was Sonic Adventure DX.

So basically, my first Sonic game is the Gamecube port of Sonic Adventure. I guess Sonic Adventure is a good game to start off with, since the plot didn't require you to know anything about the characters beforehand. I seriously cannot believe it took me almost a year to unlock Super Sonic, I could never beat the Egg Viper, I remember always having 100% clear with everyone except Sonic, because I had no idea how to attack the Egg Viper. Once I finally beat the Egg Viper, I was REALLY surprised that there was more to the game. And I remember having no idea what Super Sonic was, and so when you select Super Sonic in Adventure mode, I was all OHMYGOSH when he turned yellow.

And then over the next few years, I got every Sonic game on the Gamecube. I got them in this order: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Riders, and Sonic Gems Collection.

The only Sonic game I play now is Sonic Mega Collection, more specifically, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which I think is the best video game ever made.

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I thought the gap between the end and start loop for Carnival Night was intentional, and sort of symbolic of how both Knuckles cuts off the power and how the player goes from nature zones into a suddenly technological zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.