don't click here

anyone here collect the toys / prototypes?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonicArtCollector, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hi All!

My true love - collection wise - is toys -

I have picked up a few Sonic toy prototypes over the years, but I don't come across a lot of toy collectors, or Prototype collectors in the SEGA world -

ANyone here collect the toys or pre production stuff?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Where do you find all this proto stuff? You know where you are right? Dump it :eng101:

As for toys I own some. A really old Sonic plushie from like 92, a more recent Knuckles and Tails classic plushie, and the first 4 figure 2in. Classic set (with Jaywarez or whoever's Classic Eggman and Eggrobo to complete the set).

3. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Get yourself a really good camera (or a friend with one) and start taking lots of detailed photos of your prototype toys. :)

4. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

I love apparel and merchandise, and as such, I used to collect Sonic apparel and merchandise up until the end of high school. Upon leaving to college, and then to another town for work and now travelling, it got hard to keep on collecting such things without having a house that you stay in for years. My favourite pieces of mine are the Tomy Sonic water games and the Sonic water bottle from SEGA World Sydney (which once you take the straw out of, it looks like a big figurine).

What prototype stuff do you have? I worked in the accessory and apparel industry for 3 years and knowing what happens with product ideas up to it being put on the store shelf, I'm very interested to see some photos of what you have if you don't mind sharing.

5. Haalyle

Haalyle

Too slow? You know who I am?! Member
    I've started collecting toys and such. Got a Tails plushie for my birthday on the 17th and hopefully once I get a job next year while I study, I hope to really get my collection started.

As for prototype things, I don't really have an interest in that kind of stuff so no, nothing of that sort.

6. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I'm a sucker for toys and merchandise. I have an awful lot of Sonic stuff, some of which is quite unusual; I've submitted quite a few things to the Sonic Gear website over the years. I've narrowed it down to just Classic Sonic stuff now, because it waa starting to get a bit out of control =P

As for prototypes, I don't own anything like that but I'd be really interested to see it :)

7. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I only have the Nendoroid Sonic because pretty much everything Jazzwares makes is a pile of shit. I think only the werehog was the only half decent thing to come out of them. I really wish someone else over in Japan land would pick up the licence.