don't click here

Any recent Sonic-related dreams?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I remember one where we had a GBA, our old Gamecube and a GBA-Gamecube-Gamelink cable. When the two were connected and SA2B was popped in the GC while Sonic Battle was in the GBA, and selected that "Speed Demon" or whatver minigame on Sonic Battle, you'd get a new completely new stage styled after Radical Highway in terms of textures on the Gamecube. It had Vengeance is Mine pplaying, still, but most was different about the structure of the stage. It had a Speed Highway kind of walk-down-the-building-part, too. O.o

2. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    I once had a dream that I saw a Sonic-based tv show, only it was more like something that would air on Adult Swim.

On the show, all the Sonic characters had more humanoid proportions, and apparently had the power to make themselves look seamlessly human or something. For some reason, Sonic was some kind of advertising agent, and he worked with some midget who was voiced by Wallace Shawn, and they were trying to come up with an ad campaign for...toilets? Urinals? It had something to do with Urination, because then Homer Simpson shows up drunk and pees in an outhouse so much that a bunch of sprinklers start spraying urine, and they use that to their advantage.

And then I'm like "Whaaaaaat."

3. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

<!--quoteo(post=341613:date=Aug 17 2009, 09:05 PM:name=Ritz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ritz @ Aug 17 2009, 09:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341613">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That "baby Sonic in a frying pan" scenario is the sort of thing that gives internet people erections. It is my professional opinion that this dream was a reflection of your own repressed sexuality.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hoo boy, way to make everyone's sides ache.

<!--quoteo(post=341865:date=Aug 18 2009, 07:57 PM:name=The Pulse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Pulse @ Aug 18 2009, 07:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341865">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I once had a dream that I saw a Sonic-based tv show, only it was more like something that would air on Adult Swim.

On the show, all the Sonic characters had more humanoid proportions, and apparently had the power to make themselves look seamlessly human or something. For some reason, Sonic was some kind of advertising agent, and he worked with some midget who was voiced by Wallace Shawn, and they were trying to come up with an ad campaign for...toilets? Urinals? It had something to do with Urination, because then Homer Simpson shows up drunk and pees in an outhouse so much that a bunch of sprinklers start spraying urine, and they use that to their advantage.

And then I'm like "Whaaaaaat."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is the best dream mentioned in this thread yet.

4. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Last night I dreamt that I had a pen with Sonic's name on it. Sonic merchandise is literally the only thing I ever dream about. I don't dream of Sonic himself, just his toys. Usually it's action figures, by the way. I remember dreaming about a Sonic and the Black knight figure set that had Gawain and Percival in it once. And for some reason, the Percival figure could...fly. I have no idea why. Another time I can remember kind of having a classic Sonic game in my dream, and I was "playing it". I wasn't awake, but I wasn't fully asleep yet either, so I could feel my right thumb twitching every time Sonic jumped. (This happened after playing Sonic 2 all day). And then there was another time where I dreamed that Sega was remaking Sonic 1 in 3D using the Hedgehog Engine. That was cool.

5. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=341865:date=Aug 19 2009, 12:57 AM:name=The Pulse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Pulse @ Aug 19 2009, 12:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341865">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I once had a dream that I saw a Sonic-based tv show, only it was more like something that would air on Adult Swim.

On the show, all the Sonic characters had more humanoid proportions, and apparently had the power to make themselves look seamlessly human or something. For some reason, Sonic was some kind of advertising agent, and he worked with some midget who was voiced by <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Wallace Shawn<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->, and they were trying to come up with an ad campaign for...toilets? Urinals? It had something to do with Urination, because then Homer Simpson shows up drunk and pees in an outhouse so much that a bunch of sprinklers start spraying urine, and they use that to their advantage.

And then I'm like "Whaaaaaat."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This. This is why dreams can be amazing. It is really hard to top something like this. That, plus Wallace Shawn is the absolute best.

6. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    I can only recall the one Sonic related dream (in recent months) that I somehow managed to get my hands on a Sonic 3 cart with a very diffrent layout/look to Angel Island, where miniboss that set's anything on fire didn't happen, Knuckles was non-existent and Sonic was still using his Sonic 2 sprites. I woke up shortly after getting to the boss of act 1.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I remember another one. I was playing S&K in Sandopolis Zone. I started through as normal to the point where you push the first platform that moves by those tiny wheels. The wall suddenly disappeared along with the Scorpion Badnik.

That's when everything got weird. The ball end of the Badnik was a head (This is what I thought at the time), and it appeared the same way Palutena does during Pit's Final Smash in Brawl. Then, just like the Final Smash, a bunch of the Badniks come charging after me from everywhere as the Miniboss music plays.

I foresaw Pit in Brawl with Sonic. :psyduck:

8. xcliber

xcliber

I had a dream a while back in which I was Tails and I was frantically running away from Shadow like that one Sonic X episode. Anyway, the wierd part is that it wasn't aboard the Typhoon, it was at my grandparents house. I eventually escaped from Shadow by flying up on to the roof of the house. Don't ask why Shadow didn't just use chaos control or jump for that matter. By this time, I consciously realized that I was dreaming. Wanting to have some fun with my dream, I tried to fly again but couldn't remember how I flew in the first place and wasn't able to fly anymore. I couldn't figure out how to make my tails spin. Then I woke up.

Is it normal to be able realize that you are having a dream and then willingly change things in a dream? It's happened to me a few times but I usually wake up almost immediately after realizing that I'm asleep. Oh well.

9. sasuke

sasuke

I don't typically dream about Sonic, but I once had a dream that I was playing a 3D Sonic through a huge mountain level. It was really fun, and I felt a rush when Sonic was going through the loops. I do not remember much else, but it seemed like the perfect level.

Around 2003-ish I had a dream that I bought a Teen Rated Sonic game where he had a gun and talked trash. Turned out to be Shadow the Hedgehog about 2 years later, although that game was E-10. The people must have been playing the Sonic Adventure games and Jak II alternating like I did. (Along with fanboys wanting a Shadow game back then). ;)

Anyway, that's all I have for dreams.

10. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=342031:date=Aug 19 2009, 05:50 PM:name=xcliber)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xcliber @ Aug 19 2009, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342031">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is it normal to be able realize that you are having a dream and then willingly change things in a dream? It's happened to me a few times but I usually wake up almost immediately after realizing that I'm asleep. Oh well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, it's called <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming" target="_blank">lucid dreaming</a>, and you can actually get better with practise. I'm quite good at it, and I'm nearly always aware when I'm dreaming. I avidly conduct "dream experiments" - attempting to break glass, walk through walls, manipulate simple machines (locks and keys, etc), use electicity, look in mirrors, and so on.

I always used to wonder why turning on lights never worked in my dreams, until I read something about how the visual cortex couldn't supply a brand-new detailed environment (the newly illuminated location) fast enough. Now when I'm dreaming I just will the switches into dimmer switches, and turn them on slowly. It works every time, no kidding.

Another great side-effect of being a practised lucid dreamer is that I haven't had a nightmare in years. Being in more control of your dreams can avoid them altogether.

11. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I had a great Sonic-related dream last week, but with no Sonic characters. I'm in this Wild West-styled desert town and I'm running from some middle-aged gangster armed with this weapon that looks like it's half-rifle, half-machine gun. I trip and fall, but this guy's still a bad shot. He keeps missing, but his shots get closer every time he fires. I'm almost certain that I'm done for, until out of nowhere this thought enters my brain and I suddenly think, "Oh yeah, I can spindash!" So I start charging a spindash, throwing dust and pebbles in the gangster's face, temporarily blinding him, and roll out of there.

The dream immediately ended after that.

12. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    About a month ago, I dreamed that I found the Sonic 1 beta in a flea market but I had already spent the money I had on a new hat. I was so fucking pissed.

13. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=342370:date=Aug 20 2009, 02:02 PM:name=Metal Knuckles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Metal Knuckles @ Aug 20 2009, 02:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342370">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->About a month ago, I dreamed that I found the Sonic 1 beta in a flea market but I had already spent the money I had on a new hat. I was so fucking pissed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How could you leave home without your debit card?

By the way, your new avatar/title is leaving me in stitches.

14. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    I had a dream and I was in a computer or something. And then there was a bad guy and I had to fight him so I pulled characters out of ROM files. This includes Sonic. It was awesome there was jumping and spin dashing and stuff!

Also unrelated, on a separate dream, there was a mad man and was attacking some unnamed city. And for whatever reason I was saving the day while operating a Mecha Sonic battle suit.

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Just had another one last night. I was playing a 3D Sonic game. One level was Shadow grinding on a giant rail in orbit of the Death Egg. The whole level was just a long rail, like some of the challenge races in SA2B. As Shadow progressed, the Death Egg model in the background rotated slowly, revealing the Robotnik face side dramatically. The second level was a jungle zone, with sagging bridges (SA2's 3D Green Hill bridges don't sag when Sonic runs across them, so a 3D sagging bridge is actually pretty cool to me). The character was a weird little red robot guy with a springs all over his body, so that when he jumped into things, he bounced off. This allowed him to bounce up the tree trunks without the aid of spring boards and work his way up to the canopy, which was thick with foliage and dappled light.

I've had countless hundreds of Sonic dreams like this, I have at least one or two a week.

16. I had some strange dream of Sonic a few months back.

I was at a mall where I usually buy all my games and whatnot. Then out of nowhere I meet sonic and he asked me if I would like to race and we do and I suddenly end up in some random football field..

Don't ask.

17. <!--quoteo(post=342259:date=Aug 20 2009, 04:43 AM:name=Mercury)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mercury @ Aug 20 2009, 04:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342259">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=342031:date=Aug 19 2009, 05:50 PM:name=xcliber)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xcliber @ Aug 19 2009, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342031">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is it normal to be able realize that you are having a dream and then willingly change things in a dream? It's happened to me a few times but I usually wake up almost immediately after realizing that I'm asleep. Oh well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, it's called <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming" target="_blank">lucid dreaming</a>, and you can actually get better with practise. I'm quite good at it, and I'm nearly always aware when I'm dreaming. I avidly conduct "dream experiments" - attempting to break glass, walk through walls, manipulate simple machines (locks and keys, etc), use electicity, look in mirrors, and so on.

I always used to wonder why turning on lights never worked in my dreams, until I read something about how the visual cortex couldn't supply a brand-new detailed environment (the newly illuminated location) fast enough. Now when I'm dreaming I just will the switches into dimmer switches, and turn them on slowly. It works every time, no kidding.

Another great side-effect of being a practised lucid dreamer is that I haven't had a nightmare in years. Being in more control of your dreams can avoid them altogether.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Whenever I know I'm dreaming everything goes into the third person and I really hate it, and try really hard for it to go back into first, but no avail. >:( (Well, sometimes I stay in 1st, but it doesn't feel like it should and ugh....I sometimes think about doing one thing but it doesn't happen.) Dreams are so complicated when you think hard about them..I'll go into that later, I guess.

I can't remember any sonic dreams I've had recently, honestly...I might have when I was younger, idk =P.

18. I just recalled one I did have about the blue hog.

I was in a mall of sorts, and behind a closed glass door (I guess one of those shops), I saw Sonic Unleashed being played on the other side of the glass.

I remember being EXTREMELY excited, as it must have been a demo (the game wasn't released at the time of this dream)

I do remember climbing some boxes on the left side of the glass and jumping in there just to play it. Then it went off on a tangent and I was suddenly playing Puzzle League with my brother. (I was playing that game a lot at the time)

I never did play SU in my dream.

I remember when I was trying to get lucid in my dreams, I tried to run FAST. I got a weird blur effect, then nothing else. It didn't feel fast, but stuff moved fast. It was easier to jump out of buildings than to run fast, sadly.

19. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I seem to recall a dream with Sonic, but can't come up with any details. I do, however, recall playing as NiGHTS in a Mario Kart clone. It had these crappy Midnight Club esque trash talking sessions before the race started.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle rules! Member
    GA
    Last night I dreamed that I bought a PS3 slim, and that it came with some kinda S3&K remake. I was Knuckles in a 2.5D Mushroom Hill and it was fucking awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.