don't click here

An Open Letter to Discotek Media

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by doc eggfan, Dec 2, 2015.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I would love this even more than Saturn loves Gilius Thunderhead.

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    It never hurts to ask...

[​IMG]

4. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    While we are at it, make a Saturn version that uses the MPEG cart, and a cinepak compressed one for the CD32x.

5. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    I had the same thoughts too. In some respects, a VCD release for Saturn would be simpler in regards to manufacturing, but not everyone has that cart, which limits the potential audience.

I hadn't thought about cinepak compression, are those codecs freely available and/or hacked?

6. Flygon

Flygon

Cinepak? I'm sure the insane homebrewers could port over an MPEG2 decoder. :v:

7. winterhell

winterhell

Laserdisc version or I boycott.

Though, what financial incentive would the company have? If they sell 100 copies at $100 the profit might barely cover 1 person's wage for said month.

Sure, some people would get it for the novelty factor or guys that are just collecting stuff, but how many?

8. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    We got a kick out of reading this at Discotek. I believe that our contract specifically states only DVD and Bluray, though. :(/>

That said, what I'm trying to do is to create an edition that comes in an old school cd case designed like a Saturn and DC case. You would be able to flip the inserts. We're pitching it, but we'll what happens.

9. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

ACT
    Cool, glad to hear it. And that CD case idea sounds like a neat compromise, hope it gets approved.

Don't suppose you've got any other properties with less specific licenses? I could throw together a proof of concept, since I made a DcVD for Christmas