Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX announced

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Jun 10, 2020.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The first time you encounter a boss what they use is set. If you lose and retry then it becomes random.

2. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

You might like the Switch AGES version, it displays the Janken pattern on screen.

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

by the hammer, not the sword Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    A brand new generation can now incorrectly refer to the game as "Alex the Kid"

In fact, I'd love to see a boss battle between "Alex Kidd" and "Alex the Kid"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Or more accurately, it uses a fixed seed. If you always lose the first one it's still always the same afterwards, it's just different to what it would be if you didn't lose.

5. Vangar

Vangar

The original has this too, but you need to pickup an item. You can pickup the telepathy ball in level 7, the cave. There's also one in Radaxian Palace. Activating the item does nothing but drop it, just keep it in your inventory and you should see what they are thinking for the rest of the game after picking one up.

Though it doesn't help at all, as they keep changing their mind, sometimes even in the last frame before they throw.

Better to just have the list of correct throws with you, if you don't fail one they stay the same the entire game. EDIT: Actually, newcomers or people wanting to beat the game fully should read this page for some tips https://www.smspower.org/seganotebook/alexkidd/alexkidd.html
    EDIT2: Aside from the note that says don't buy the motorcycle as you can't miss the spikes. this is totally untrue lol. maybe difficult for a new player but certainly can be avoided...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    How similar is Miracle World to Enchanted Castle? That's the one I played and it was decent. Might get this.

7. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    HivePal 2.0
    It does help. I had a strategy where if they changed at the last moment, I'd also change. I can't remember the specifics, but it meant it was always either a win or a draw for me.