After (or close to) 15 years, Japan will finally broadcast the un-aired Episodes on Sonic X in 2020.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Nov 12, 2019.

1. 2 quid is good

2 quid is good

Oh my goodness... You've just unlocked a huge childhood memory. This is definitely before citv was it's own channel, I must have been 4 or 5 when this was aired

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    So, bumping this up as a general reminder.

Kids Station will finally premiere Sonic X Series 2 (53 - 78) in Japan on March 25, 2020 at 7:30PM JST. I'm hoping this'll finally mean we'll get proper credits for these episodes (along with a new Opening and Ending, but I feel that information would've been provided already if it was gonna happen).

We'll know in a couple days, regardless. I'm honestly really excited about this, even with everything going on in the world right now.

3. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Sorry for the double post.

I can confirm based off some comments: Yes, there are credits. The wording is odd, but it does sound like there indeed is credits for Sonic X now. I still don't have any recordings in just yet (so can't verify it just yet), but I should be able to post some stuff once we get those in.

4. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    So an update:

Credits are pasted onto the End Card, which apparently was changed for 53+ (is now the end shot of OP 2). However, they did NOT apply the credits to the episodes proper and we're still missing a chunk of credits for 53+. Effectively, the Op/Ed are still textless with song subtitles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These include both the OP and select ED credits. I did notice we're missing the 53+ cast credits in the Ending Credit, so that's a tad concerning how much of the credits are available. Main credits for the episode (Episode Director, Storyboarding, and Writer credits are there), but we're missing Animation Director, Key Animation, In-between, Backgrounds, etc., so that's fun.

EDIT:

Here's a video I uploaded that includes the PV, Sponsor Card, and End Card with the credits.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  5. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    remember when some of you guys wanted to make an english dub of sonic-x a few days after it came out.. what a dumpster fire that became

6. Overlord

Overlord

Aros gartref, diogelu'r GIG, achub bywydau Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Oh, our job was incredibly shit, doesn't mean the dub was still any good. =P

7. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    and thats why it was more awesome than the actual show =P

does it still exist by any chance?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. Overlord

Overlord

Aros gartref, diogelu'r GIG, achub bywydau Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    We only ever did one scene. While I'm sure I've still got it somewhere I can't be arsed looking for it.