don't click here

Adding an Options Screen in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by theocas, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    I have added Esrael's Sonic 2 Level Select to my hack and it works fine, and now I am trying to edit it so I get an options screen. I got all text changed and made it to only display a 0 and a 1 instead of 1-3, but there are still some things I can't seem to fix (but tried and failed epically) When I select an item, how would I keep that option highlighted? How do I get rid of the Invisible 3rd line, and last but not least, how do I get rid of Sound Test?
    Below is all my code. All rooutines and sub routines got O_ attatched to their name so there are no name conflicts with the Level Select file.
    EDIT: I uploaded the code on the web since it made a huge ASM Box. Link

This is what I get:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, there are some numbers in places that no number is supossed to be, and sound test's number is still there. Then the items I managed to get invisible can still be selected. I tried my best at figuring this out, but I just can't seem to get it right.

2. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    I think what your trying to do, is out of your league atm. I think its harder to change the levelselect to an options screen. I would take a look at sonic 2, it has an options you can look at, an import(for practice only). Otherwise I wouldn't attempt it until you have a better understanding of asm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.