don't click here

A Sonic Hack?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Trigahd, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Okay, while browsing through this rom site, looking for some SNES roms, I found this weird game called "Sonic the Hedgehog". Now, I'm thinking, WTF Sonic only came out on the Genesis, but this game has Sonic the Hedgehog on it. This weird and freaky game showcases Sonic as he goes around some fucked up level trying to save Mario. The music is horrible, the sound is horrible, and they programmed in the worst bad-guys available. Sonic cant do a spin jump, just a bouncer jump and he now has the kick ability, his only form of attack. What I really want to know is if this is a hack, because I don't think Sonic Team was stupid back then. The link: http://www.coolrom.com/roms/snes/Sonic_the...he_Hedgehog.php. Tell me what you think.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Xian

Xian

Give the DS what it wants. Member
  3. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    What you have stumbled upon, my friend, is the Sonic SNES pirate. This game is a hack of Speedy Gonzales, that's why it's so different from other Sonic games. The pirates that hacked the game have removed the copyright info from the game, changed the title screen, Speedy Gonzales' sprites into Sonic sprites (obviously), and they scrapped a few levels. If you want to see the three levels that've been scrapped, then see this page.

EDIT: Xian posted before me. >_<;;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.