A question that me and a few other people would

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by .hack//zero, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Learning NES ASM, Finding a girlfriend.
    How do you get the sonic 1 mapping ported to sonic 2. Since porting enemies is getting easier. More people are gonna want to know this.

lol, and stephenUK told me to give up on porting enemies without knowing asm.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Lost Library.

(I agree with Stephen, btw)

3. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

About me making too many topics? Or that I shouldn't be porting enemies without knowing asm too well?

Dammit, I need to learn to read what I'm typing before I post.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Both.

5. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Well, It's kind of easy. All you really need to do is learn both formats, and make the minor changes needed to convert.

6. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

PC tought me how to do the sprite mappings, but I'm not sure about the Animation script.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Animation script is easy, just look at it and it's pretty much self explanatory.

8. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

To me, porting the enemies are easier. er, maybe I shouldn't say that yet. I've only got 2 ported. If you show me a few example of how it's done. Than I should be able to learn how it's done. That's how I figured out the object mappings, porting the beta enemies, and probably other stuff I can't remember.

9. Hez

Hez

Asshole Oldbie
    Hell
    Your mother
    Jesus fucking christ. Stop making so many damn topics.

10. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

There are only 2 reason that I make a topic. One, I try doing it myself untill I run out of ideas. Two, I have no idea where to even start. But I've gotta admit that I did make a few crappy topics here in the last couple of weeks.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Fuck off and die, asshat.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Unless there's something going on off-the-record, I feel that last post was quite uncalled for...

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Considering I answered the same question for him 20 times, both on AIM AND IRC, I think I have the right to be irritated at it showing up here AGAIN.

14. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Well let's see, I don't remember you answering that for me on AIM. And when you tried to help me here. It wasn't that helpful. Tweaker just seems to be in a pissed off mood ever since that sub routine topic I made.

15. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    As for the Animation script question, they don't need to be changed, except possibly the ending coordination flag. ($FF, $FC, $FD etc)

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    You won't port an object without knowing ASM. It's as simple as that. The only reason you appear to have got anywhere now is coz you're asking everyone for help at every step of the way. How about you try and do it yourself and see how far you get. You'd have got nowhere coz you thought it was as simple as a cut and paste job.

17. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

The main thing that I've been asking for help with porting enemies is about the damn art. Now leave me the fuck alone. Also, who fucking cares if I got help or not. The fucking point that I'm learning. I don't just learn it than forget about it. I keep the knowledge that I've learned.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Replacing one word with another isn't "knowledge" -- it's bullshit.

19. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

When I said that. I was thinking about how I learned how to convert the mapping from s1 to s2.

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    There's a big difference between learning yourself and everyone else doing the work for you. Try things out yourself first, in every way possible, and then keep at it for a few hours more before you go asking for help on something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.