don't click here

'A Quest for the Secret Origins of Lost Video-Game Levels'

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RyogaMasaki, Jul 11, 2014.

1. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/07/a-quest-to-find-the-secret-origins-of-lost-video-game-levels/373925/

The author of that old Naka interview where he talks about Hidden Palace elaborates a bit on her experience with him. Apparently she gave him a copy of the ROM dump during the interview. A surprisingly in-depth article, although her referring to Naka as the 'father of Sonic' makes my eye twitch.

2. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    This is pretty awesome. I had no idea he got to take the file with him on a USB stick.

3. Oh hey, I remember her! :D I believe she posted here for a bit as well? It might have been at the GHZ or the Moogle Cavern instead, though; after nearly a decade the facts start to get a little fuzzy. In any case that's a pretty nice article!

4. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    My god, that place has not crossed my mind in probably 10 years' time...

5. Ah, said place has been technically gone for about that long; back in like 2007 or 2008 Kulock closed the site, but it's been limping on half-alive as another forum with a name based off of a one-off joke since then.

6. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

2 names I haven't heard in a long time... *sad sigh of an aging but still young fuck*