don't click here

A huge bug I can't fix with graphics crap.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Miles3298, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles3298

Miles3298

Aquatic Ruins doesn't like me...

I'm really hit here, anyone know how to fix this?

Description: The HUD, lives icon, Rings, the Title Card, and plenty other weird things load the wrong graphics. Looks like it loads the crapped graphic from random 8x8 tiles from CNZ. Continous throughout other zones when accessed.

I thought this bug was normal in Sonic 2, but not that many tiles went corrupt when I played it in a real Genesis. :blink:

EDIT: Pictures for those who don't know what I mean or won't bother downloading the savestate. [​IMG]

EDIT2: .::lock::.

2. Kampfer

Kampfer

1. Get a savestate from a clean rom
    2. Open the dirty rom in SonED
    3. Load the savetate
    4. read the data of the level from th rom
    5. Read the data from the tiles form? the savestate
    6. Write the data to the level
    7. Save to the rom

Does that help?

3. Miles3298

Miles3298

What you said to do doesn't help, just makes the tiles be re-written to the same thing they were. Doesn't fix the Title Card nor rings.

It's just that going to Aquatic Ruins makes the game load the HUD and stuff (excluding Title Card when not in ARZ) from random 8x8 tiles from CNZ, not the levelgonebadintilesandall crap.

BTW, I meant sprite tiles, not level tiles, if you thought that was the problem.

EDIT: Gah, I can never spell card right. <_<
    EDIT2:Actally, eye canyt speel anytging rite... .::corrcts som speeling erors::. :P

4. Kampfer

Kampfer

Yeah I read wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.