don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog - Oergomized

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Oerg866, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VERSION 4.5 RELEASED! DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW!

Yes it's true, 4.5 is complete.

[​IMG]

SONIC 1 OERGOMIZED - My hack of Sonic 1. Started in December 2007 as a small and simple pallette hack, it grew and grew and features an own soundtrack, new pallettes, partly new art, new level select, partly new levels and more!

Check it out folks:

Download the current version (v4.5)!

Cya,
    Oerg

Credits go to:

Nineko
    Puto
    Tweaker

Some random info:
    S1oerg bin file was built 12587x counting from 2007/12/23 (beginning) till 2008/11/08 00:00 PM

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    My favorite song is by far the boss music. It sounds fantastic, and fits the mood extremely well.

The rest of your changes appear to be solely experimental. I would, however, like to see some more changed layouts—I suggest wiping the old layout before making a new one in most cases. This way, you won't have any remaining recognizable parts of the original layout.

By the way, it was Stealth who programmed SonED2.

3. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    This could use some improvements as this looks like a palette and art hack only. Try working on it a little more such as levels or ASM edits before releasing a hack as simple as this. For the Scrap Brain palette, I'm not too fond of it. It could use some work.

Edit: Tweaker beat me to it (for most opinions that is).

4. I'll do more layouts in the holidays.

Therefore I set the release date of v2.0 to:

JANUARY 19TH

Until then I guess I'll have some minor subreleases.

:P
    Oh yeah and thank you Tweaker for your feedback on the Boss-music.

The ironic about this song is: This is the song that I made almost as the first one and this one I have spent the less time on :D.

@DNXDelta: "- New, but maybe a bit unfitting musics"

Is it me or does the GHZ music sound a little bass-less? I think I might replace the GHZ music on v1.2. But the Diamond Maze, Light space, Dangerous play and Robotniks base zone musics will stay for sure.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This is very good for a 1st time hack, the GHZ pallete was fine & the music was brilliant, especially Labyrinth & the boss tune.
    The HUD & Level Select text was ok, you're doing very well with this hack, keep it up. :thumbsup:

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Actually, this hack has more changes than mine :P

7. @SOTI: Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback :thumbsup:

@nineko: LOL. Maybe it just looks like it on the list :) But keep in mind that you did very important things on this hack. Without them it wouldn't even exist :)

8. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    I've stated my opinions a little TOO loosely. This hack shows some great potential so far. Some of the music fit well in the levels but, again, working on the palettes wouldn't hurt. I'll be sure to try out a hack before commenting next time.

9. :D @ DNXDelta:

Yeah, I already have a great pallette replacement in my to-do list. I think the worst pallette is the one from SBZ2/FZ.

OH: and thanks for the other feedback :thumbsup:

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, I think what this needs is some voice edits. Your bass sections tend to lack any and all recognizable bass sections; or, if they exist, they're in very high octaves which make it unrecognizable as bass. Maybe some header edits should help rectify this.

11. Yeah, I still have all the original XM files, and I think editing the notes there to be a bit more like a bass should be easy.

12. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Hmm Oerg, this is not bad at all for a first try.
    Also, you use some creative level names.

I was surprised but in a positive way.

Now think first, then post and you may just make it.

13. Thank you Sith,

I thought of redoing the zone names myself.
    Opinion please on new Zone names:

GHZ: Iron Ice Mission
    MZ: Blue Burn Mission
    LZ: Mystical Maze Mission
    SLZ: Star Shower Mission
    SYZ: Playing Place Mission
    SBZ: Evil Entrance Mission
    FZ: Blazing Battle

(Yes that's the SCD and ubuntu linux naming scheme :D)

EDIT: The project is probably halted. And you wanna know why? BECAUSE... SonED2 fucks up everytime I try to save the new layout. I mean on my Win98 comp it worked, but it was so slow that it couldn't even run Soned2 and KEGA at the same freaking time. Now I had this great idea for SYZ and guess what?! I made the layout for this Idea, Clicked on Save and.... Soned2 doesn't work anymore (Vista error message D:) Now Stealth better fixes this or else.... :P

My Specs:
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+
    2Gig of DDR2-667 RAM
    GeForce 8600GT
    And stuffz.
    And Vista Home Premium.

I love Vista, and I hate Soned2 now.

Greedz
    Örg

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Uh... it very likely isn't a problem with SonED2—it's probably something YOU did. Your specs also shouldn't matter, though it's possible that Vista might have something to do with it. Try either running it in back compatibility mode, or as an administrator.

Secondly, did it just mess up once, or does it do it all the time? You're not being very specific, and scapegoating Stealth for it won't make the problem any easier to solve.

15. Haha, oh wow.

On a more relevant note however, some programs written for XP might not work on Vista - for example, Nineko's colour swapping program didn't work for RHS (who was using Vista), and that's a damn useful utility. SonED2 however was I think written in C/C++, so I don't really think it should fail on Vista, unless it used some DLL that's incompatible, or some parts of the Windows API changed greatly between XP and Vista. Also, I personally prefer "zone" over "mission", but maybe that's just me.

16. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    SonED2 works just fine on Vista, from personal experience (though I did have UAC turned off... not sure if that had anything to do with it).

17. Flygon

Flygon

On the subject of SonEd2, I had exactly the same problem BUT ONLY with Sonic the Hedgehog 1, it works perfectly with Sonic he Hedgehog 2.

So I'm not sure what is going on there.

On the subject of the hack, I'd like to play it but I am currently at my mothers house with a lack of emulator.

18. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I have Vista Ultimate, and my copy of SonED2 has abso-posy-you better believe it... NO problems whatsoever.

*shot for FFX-2 reference*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.