don't click here

57-year-old game creator Yuji Naka arrested in Japan

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Palas, Nov 18, 2022.

1. BlueSkiesAM2

BlueSkiesAM2

Denmark
    I have to say I’m both relieved and a bit disappointed if it is fake.

I looked the story up again after I posted that comment yesterday and one thing that really didn’t jive with me was the idea that Sega would retaliate against someone simply for developing for Nintendo. If this were the Mega Drive vs SFC days, this would be such a common occurrence they’d have to kidnap someone once a week. It’s not like Square moving over to PS1.

2. Ted618

Ted618

I think when one really gets into the weeds of what the anonymous source says happened, it all starts to make much less sense altogether - first it's "I smashed up an arcade machine outside of their corporate headquarters", then it's "I don't have a drivers licence so I got my friend to dump it", then "Said friend simply dumped the machine from a crane outside their building without me being there to smash it up myself (it was still probably quite damaged though)".

And I wouldn't even know where to begin with their additional dubious claims that yakuza-affiliated members of Sega's old board of directors had fingers cut off. It's as if they don't even know that many photos of them exist!