don't click here

4Gamer interview with Takashi Iizuka (Japanese)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Pengi, Jul 21, 2021.

1. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

This could also "backfire" - I remember in the PAL manual for Sonic R it says you can climb walls with Knuckles, which is, as we all know, bull$#it...! But I didn't know so I tried for what felt like FOREVER XD aah the days before the internet and before having formed a usable, working brain ;)

2. The Sonic Advance manual apparently says you have to press R to grind which is... also a steaming load of shit- and yet it still pops up all over sonic websites and is treated like offical information.

Also dear God Tails is so fucking cute <3

But we're beginning to drift now, aren't we?

3. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Huh, I didn't realize that could be why they changed the sprites on the title screen at the last minute. It's kind of a shame though because I do prefer the beta title screen's Sonic, who looks less flat to me.

4. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Sorry, let me fix it. I...
    1) Read all the manuals.
    2) Play all the tutorials (and activate Omochao on purpose).
    3) Talk to NPC as many times as needed to check out if they change their dialogue (I stop doing it when it seems they never will).
    4) Don't try to trigger every single "hidden" dialogue line and animation modern Sonic games can have.

I also like the beta/8-bit title screen more, but it wasn't animated enough, and completing an animation for that title screen on the level of Sonic 1 would have been too much work and storage space for a couple of seconds on screen.

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Here's that title screen using a filter simulating old TVs:
    [​IMG]
    It would have looked closer to that back then. The pixel blending kinda makes it look as though he has eyelashes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Agree to disagree. To me it's just an outline.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I'm talking about the part of his eye where he doesn't have an outline. The blending makes the white bleed out of the eye, making it look like white eyelashes, matching the white sections of his fur.

8. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Again, I still don't see it. Not trying to invalidate your opinion, I just don't see it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Harper

Harper

Here's a screenshot from the Composite filter that Genesis GX Plus has on Retroarch. I can kinda see how he can be seen as having eyelashes. The shading kinda makes it seem like that. His left eye (our right) also has some pixels going out that could look like eyelashes. Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_(Early_prototype)_(dumped_by_hidden-palace.org)-210806-071712.png