don't click here

32x SDK

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Very interesting. What is the likelihood of this being fake?

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Whatever it was, can someone post it here?

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
  6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    About 0% or so.

7. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Uh, how do you use this?!? I can't find a single executable that doesn't say "too many errors to run..."

8. Logan

Logan

Pending Member
    Cisco Networking CCNA2
    is it playable I can not make heads or tails of this

9. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It's for programmers. So no, it's not playable, because it's not a game.

10. Logan

Logan

Pending Member
    Cisco Networking CCNA2
    Oh thanks I just messed up because some files where .bin and not all .bin are games.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Like, if you wanted to make a game for the Sega 32X. This would be of great help. But who here is going to make a game for the 32X now? It's helpfull in other ways.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The 32X is cool, but it's way too complex for a console to develop games for. most of the games where Genesis ports, like Mortal Kombat 2. it was really a failure.

This SDK gives a lot to me as a Genesis developer to see how Sega of America used macros for setting the Genesis VDP.

Also there is a sample for showing the "well known" Sega logo with the cycled blue palette on a black background. Too bad I already spent 1 month disassembling a game to know how to do that Sega logo back in 2003.

I say this is great, and it couldn't have come later. I can really use this in my projects, to set up the Genesis. In my case the 32X stuff will I just forget about. I would rather want the Sega CD SDK. That would be a success to have since it would be powerful to burn your own games and show it on the real hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.