don't click here

Shadow in Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by FeliciaVal, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Here I am again, with my second hack project, joining the madness of 'X character IN Sonic 1' too :P
    And hence Shadow is my fave character and there wasn't any Shadow in S1 hacks (at least that I'm aware of) I decided to make one for him.

This by no means is intended to be a copy of Sonic Megamix. As I said, I just wanted it to be plain Shadow in Sonic 1.
    Also I want to give thanks to the wonderful people that helped me on this, making it kinda a collaborative project between me, Jimmy Hedgehog, Selbi, MarkeyJester and E-122-Psi, thanks to these people for their help and coding and from the marvelous people who made the Shadow sprite sheet found on The Mystical Forest Zone page http://themysticalforestzone.com/sprites_2..._two_Gardow.png (and me, of course, because I did some of the sprites that were missing :P)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Rev.1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qnmi448rjs112o8

Earlier revisions:

http://www.mediafire.com/?76w8l6e38558tvy

Movelist:

Down + Jump: Spindash
    A: Kick
    D Pad + Jump: Homming attack/Jumpdash

Known bugs:

*Miscolorations from pallette restrictions almost everywhere

To Do List:

*Implement walljump in the future
    *Implement an aerial attack while pressing A in the air (a flying kick maybe?)

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I guess you must be using the wall jump to give shadow moves to make the hack stand out but you'd be better off adding a gun powerup hidden in one or more levels than adding walljump. From what I remember the walljump is not a move he ever uses. Just give him moves he's actually done in the past.

3. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    maybe so, but still it doesnt hurt to give him something new too hehe :P well, if I can I'll take your suggestions and maybe someday I can program monitors with guns that he can use.

Thx for commenting!

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well...I guess you COULD count the triangle jump from Heroes as a wall jump...

5. MathUser

MathUser

In that case the wall jump maybe could work. Anyway I tried the hack, aside from the miscolorations it's pretty good. Chibi Shadow is pretty funny and I like the animation of him skating when at full speed. You might consider letting him attack while in the air instead of homing attack when using the attack button. Hopefully you can fix the HUD color in the next version. Perhaps use the colors of the Rings for the HUD.

6. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ah yeah, I totally forgot for an Aerial attack...well, I'll try to implement one in the next revision then.

About the HUD colour...well, im not sure about it :P I just wanted it to be red, but maybe I can change it back to yellow back again I guess

Another thing I was juggling but I have no idea how to make, would be making him able to use Chaos Control when he gets 1 or more emeralds, but yeah... :P not enough knowledge yet

7. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Any chance of a youtube?

8. MathUser

MathUser

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
  10. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Glad to have helped, and glad to finally see this released. Will be happy to help if you need anything else

11. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    thank you very much for everything once again :)

EDIT: Youtube video available now

12. dsrb

dsrb

Excuse me while I think out loud, but that strikes me as a rather tongue-twisting title. (also it sounds like a perverted fanfic) Wouldn't plain old Shadow in Sonic 1 be more in keeping with the recent spate of character hacks of this game?

13. MathUser

MathUser

14. There is one. It's a bonus that came from some secret hidden in a level in Project Shadow 2, and it was just a sprite hack.

He also walljumps in his own game.

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    If I could figure out my fireball thing that'd help a lot XD

16. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    try to post it again on Basic Questions and Answers, or maybe make a thread for it, I hope someone can help you with it since sadly I cant :(

17. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Lose the finger flick on the title screen, it looks odd.

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    uhm ok...I'll try to slow it down or something

19. dsrb

dsrb

20. Ummm....

[​IMG]

Is this right?

Great hack BTW. Chaos Control powers would be awesome and could separate this hack from the other Sonic 1-esque hacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.