don't click here

BREAKING NEWS ON RETRO FIRST@RETRO

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Hey folks. I've got a lot of ground to cover, so I'll make this brief.

First off, the big part—as you can see, the forums are kind of fucked up right now due to some mistakes made with regards to x64. Although he's banned now, he did try to help fix things, as did Qjimbo, so if you see him on SSRG or whatever tell him it's appreciated. The situation we're looking at now is that while we have all topics and posts intact, we don't have them sorted into forums as they normally are. It looks like we'll be able to have most of them sort based on an old backup we have, but the rest will need to be sorted by the staff. I imagine this will probably take between a few days and a week to get back to normal, and we'll try to tackle the more high-traffic forums first.

Wetflame and Chaos Hedgie were banned. I know some of you have heard about the fundraising that was done in conjunction with this, and I want to clarify this a little bit. Both Chaos Hedgie and Wetflame were set to be banned when the idea was originally proposed by a few different people to Tweaker. Tweaker and I talked it over (and I told him about a fundraiser I do at another site once a year where people volunteer to get banned for x amount of funds toward the site) and we agreed to do it. Tweaker got some money he really needed due to some tough IRL shit and we got our bans done. I know that in the case of both Tweaker and I, we felt that both Wetflame and Hedgie were good people (though I'll admit it took a IM from Wetflame while I was at work earlier today to finally get me in that camp for her) but despite repeated bannings and unbannings just couldn't fit in Retro's structure.

We finally got off our asses and promoted Chimpo to moderator. This had been discussed before the CulTNET funds issue but not acted upon, as we feared after the event that it would look like he bought his way on. He certainly didn't; Chimpo's an experienced moderator at TSS and SZ in the past and cares a lot about this community. I have a good bit of confidence in him.

And, so you don't feel like you haven't gained anything leaving this topic:
    <div align='center'>
    [​IMG]</div>

;)

2. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Fuck, I hate sleeping.

But really, I'm finally happy that Chimpo's a mod.

3. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    Why does all the interesting stuff have to happen while I'm sleeping? :psyduck:

Seconded.

4. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    ...and this is why I go to bed at 4 AM, if I go before that, shit happens.

5. I was wondering why I could never get onto this forum in the morning... now I know (sort of).

6. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    And I thought that happened only to me. :psyduck:

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Chimpo's promotion to mod is the greatest thing to happen to this board since I first joined.

8. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    This stuff only happens in the Sonic fandom...

also congrats to Chimpo

9. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Congratulations, Chimpo.
    I'd to my usual edit to the Sonic Retro article except the database is locked down.

10. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    I thought it was a joke at first.

:colbert:

11. NHY

NHY

Well, I can't say I'm not happy that Chaos Hedgie is now banned, his attitude, particularly in the MJ topic, was disgraceful. I'm lucky I didn't snap at him and risk getting a ban myself. So, high five to the staff for that.

And mistakes happen so, we're all only human, after all. Good Luck with putting things back together.

12. Agobue

Agobue

Chimpo has been given a prrrrrrrrrrromotion.

13. This is hilarious. You let people pay to pick who should be banned? I can't think of a more absurd fund raising idea.

Also, giving Olene access to anything important was so fucking stupid. I hate to say "I told you so," but Tweaker really should have known better. Wow.

14. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Did you even bother reading what ScarredSun said before you jumped into that post? X64 screwed the forums up, and Qjimbo helped to bring them back. I understand you don't like SSRG, but at least check the facts before jumping into a hate mongering campaign.

Also, I expect all suspensions will now involve Megaman references instead of hedgehogs with toilet paper tubes.

15. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    Well congrats to Chimpo and all the best for ya guys trying to get everything back in place.

But eh... I still remember being somewhat offered for a cup of tea. :(

16. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Yeah, Second that ^^

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hey, I was in the skype convo. Qjimbo was invited in and after being told what happened, he was unbanned, promoted to a moderator and took part in what went down.
    Do I have to explain to everyone what happened in there?
    And I do like the SSRG, I've been making suggestions on how to improve the place, but that's another story.
    Sorry about that.

18. (hah, whoops. wrong thread, disregard)

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Now almost everything is as it should be.

You just need to unban QJimbo.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Great news, Chimpo will be a fantastic mod.