don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Should actually be its own topic but thanks for sharing and keep us updated.

2. It's wonderful to fill in the gaps missing from the OST. It's a shame we won't have proper CD quality / lossless version of the missing tracks, but that's a small concern considering the fact that the tracks are available.

Here is the AAC stream ripped from the 480p YouTube video for anyone who wants the song: http://www.mediafire.com/?be3528end5eneof

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I have just found this Sonic Adventure trailer..I'm not sure if is already know or not. I'm sure I've never seen some of those things before

4. Pengi

Pengi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCPPCHbZNM&noredirect=1

This has probably been mentioned before, but in the intro to the Saturn version of Fighting Vipers it looks like there's a toy of "Rocket Metal" (in rocket form) to the far left of the screen, after the Lunar Fox, cat Honey and Bark. It's about 55 seconds in.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    I've looking at old magazines today, and found something very interesting...

[​IMG]

This is from hobby consolas ( spanish magazine), issue 31. It's the one just after the Sonic 3 review. It says that Sega is planning to release two more carts called Sonic Plus and Sonic Special Edition, who would lock-on to Sonic 3 and make more levels available and make 3 games in 1. Sounds familiar?

Also, in older issues we have this:

Regular Knuckles art, except they call him "rastafari".

[​IMG]

From newer issues, a reference to "Sonic Chaotix" and several other 32x games. Some of them I had never heard of, like Bullet Fighters,"Panzi dragons", who is in fact a 32x beta of Panzer dragoon ( they have photos after that) and "clock works nights" . I bet they mispelled those two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Whoa, Clockwork Knight might have been originally developed as a 32X game? Dang! It doesn't look too bad either from what I can tell (though it would seem that I can't say the same for Panzer Dragoon).

7. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    "Well excuse me, princess." is listed as a Sonic quote on Wikipedia.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Sonic

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    For Archie comic fans
    http://archive.org/stream/mean-machines-sega-magazine-05/MMSega_05_Feb_1993#page/n15/mode/2up

prototype cover of the first issue?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nope that's a real issue. It's issue 1 of the initial mini series (So issue 2 since there was an issue 0, but this for some reason address that this is the first issue even though it's not).

Ya it's really confusing but that's how it is. I used to have that issue when I used to own the comics.

10. Rail Road

Rail Road

I was playing through Sonic Rush today and noticed that getting the invincibility powerup causes the "drowning" timer to reset. I don't recall this happening in any other Sonic game.

11. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjdTMHAEdk[/youtube]

I found this part of a episode of Beakman's World and there's a "Ring flash" SFX at 0:21

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Gosh, I loves Beakman's world as a kid, thanks for posting that little piece of my childhood

13. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    http://vc.sega.jp/3ds/lineup.html more 8-bit Sonics on 3DS Virtual Console (in Japan)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was released on Halloween; Sonic Drift 2 is coming out
    no word if they'll hit our 3DS Virtual Consoles either

14. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE9W1N3aMrA&list=UUcFKwUZWFy_J3NLu3dggHaw&index=9&feature=plcp

A guy in the comments says Aquatic Ruin Zone's music is based off of a classic song from Uruguay. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Doing a search on Google only brings up the same video.

15. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    This kinda reminds me of this 14-yr old Russian boy by the username TonyTheBomber (formerly Marionist98) who claims that Bomberman 64 was composed by someone named Dmitry Nizov, claims Akifumi Tada's credit is a conspiracy, and then goes on to say that Bomberman itself was created in Russia and then taken away - all without a single shred of evidence. Stupid kid.

Moral of the story: don't concern yourself with anyone who makes exaggerated claims with no evidence behind them. Our legal systems have a name for this, and it's puffery. Take the initiative and message the user if you want; if they don't reply their argument is null and void.

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    In fact..I don't know much about Uruguayan music, but it's true that Aquatic Ruins sounds pretty similar to typical latin american music.It has always reminded me of this song ( and similar ones of the same genre)

So it's not too off to think that some Uruguayan song might sound similar to Aquatic Ruin ( but, I doubt it's really based off it, just a coincidence)

17. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    One of my local arcades has this beautiful machine here. I haven't seen one of these beauties since I was about 7 or 8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hah, nice find!

Except for the blue arms, that Sonic in the marquee looks pretty awesome.

19. I think I've actually seen one of those before! I remember it playing Sky Sanctuary music for some reason?

20. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Uh? How do you play that? I've never seen a similar arcade before!