don't click here

Departure pre-announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    As some of you may have heard the rumours, I am leaving the Sonic community to pursuit other interests.

In other words, I will no longer be running or funding SWS2B. I have appointed LocalH to be the new owner. Files and databases containing the current site and forums will be transferred to him. LocalH (and whoever else he may appoint) will be responsible for 1) deciding on a new site name, 2) acquiring hosting, and 3) running the site and forums.

It's been agreed that the new site, not being owned by me, will not be called SWS2B for obvious reasons. However I will retain ownership of the sws2b.com domain, but traffic will be redirected to the new site for some while.

We have not decided when the move will occur; it could be weeks or months away before you'll notice any changes. I'll make another post when more details come out.

Anyway, don't think of this as the end, but a new beginning. I'm sure the forums will be more well-run with someone more attentive in charge.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Glad you decided to announce it. I, for one, will do my best to assist with both the move and the new management, if I am allowed that opportunity. I want nothing more than the best for this place, both present and future.

Good luck for yourself in the future as well, Simon. I only wish the best for you, and I'm thankful you stook around as long as you did. I'm sure we've annoyed the fuck outta you at times, but we only mean the best. You have to be one of the most level headed, reasonable admins I've ever seen, and I'm thankful for that. Hopefully we can adopt that mentality in coming times, to fufill the best interests of the community.

God speed, man. You fucking rock.

3. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Just fine with me. As long as it isn't like what the Ezboard did, change is just fine.

It seems the Sonic 2 Beta ROM has been mostly picked clean, anyway... the focus, from my limited perspective, seems to be on ASM editing now. Well, that, and finding new betas to pick apart... and Sonic Xtreme.

4. Shade

Shade

I will admit that through various members kind enough to keep me updated, I have been following this event as it has developed. I am also very happy to hear that LocalH will be running the show, as he is very capable, and would be my first choice. So I have no questions. Only a few things to say:

You will be missed in the community Simon. Thank you so much for giving us this community that I like to call my home on the internet (and for bringing the prototype to all of our attentions in the first place, obviously). The scene will indeed lose something with your permanent abscence but as you say, all things come to an end at some point in time. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours in life. God speed, Simon. You will be missed.

5. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Like I've said, I'll help in any way possible. This place is my baby and my home <3

I'll miss Super Simon Wai and I'm sure everyone else will too, but I'll nevar forget <3

6. Ted

Ted

The Original Forum Gay Member
    Simon, you rock.

'nuff said.

7. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    It was nice having you around simon. You will be missed.

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Simon, thanks to your commitment and good thinking, you provided the Sonic Community with one of the best places on the net for many years now. For that you win :)

Good luck in your future interests, I'm sure you will excel in them if you demonstrate the attitude you've shown here in the field you are persuing!

And good luck to LocalH on his future administration!

9. Guifrog

Guifrog

=P

Cya.

10. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Whatever's been done so far better continue. =P I'm sure it will though.

See ya.

11. Goodbye Simon. Good luck on your pursuit of the "other interests" that you mention in your post!

12. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    First thing I thought was: "Again!?" :P
    I'll agree to that.

Good luck Simon, and good luck LocalH and new owners. :)

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That sucks. I don't have much to say, but good luck Simon, and good luck LocalH and the new owners.

Won't feel the same without the Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta name anymore.

14. Damn man. Good luck in your future endeavors. =/

Oh, and S2B again, anyone? =P

Edit: Grammar errors.

15. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    LHS2B. LocalH's Sonic 2 Beta. =P Nah, hopefully it's original.

Time for some seriousness. I hope this place feel the same. It doesn't necessarily need to stay the same.

16. S2Beta was the proper acronym. [/pedantic]

I think it's best to not worry about a new name and let Local H decide on it.

17. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

^_^ Be sure to keep in touch with us if you can. You will surely be missed by all of us for presenting us with a Sonic 2 prototype and ruining my social life for the past year. =P

I'm sure LocalH will keep this website and board living to its full potential. See you around!
    Troy

18. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    I vote that it should remain being called S2B anyway.

19. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    You don't have a say in the matter. Get on zee bus.

Good luck in whatever you decide to pursue, Simon. God speed.

20. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, I don't even have any say in the matter - I can not and will not call it S2B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.