don't click here

Remake of the Chris Senn's Sonic model

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Damizean, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, EspaƱa
    Various projects
    Dear S2B community:

When Chris Senn released the Sonic model he made for Sonic Xtreme's PC art, I automatically felt in love with it.

The problem with that model was, though, that it was made using separated primitives (and had a ultra-high poly count). Seeing it would be unpractical to use anywhere, I then started remaking the model from scratch, using this one as reference, for personal fun. As all my models, my target was to create a new clean mesh, suitable for use in games and a good old-school alternative for the overused Sonic Heroes model.

And so, with some help of SefirothDB, it ended up being this awesome model, using only 2.8k triangles while looking round enough :D

[​IMG]
    Ok, this is a mesh-smoothed version, but it looks cool too.

So, as for the license, I'll be releasing it as Creative Commons, so check the license.txt. If used, give credit Damizean, SefirothDB and to Chris Senn (well, maybe this one's optional, dunno) ;)

Download it from here

-Enjoy!

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    That is awesome. <3

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Wow, this is very nice. I hope people start using this one, rather than the ugly Sonic Heroes model.

Now do Tails! :P

4. Shade

Shade

That is very nice stuff indeed. Awesome work.

5. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hmm... If immediatly possible, meaning I have the right program to mess around with it, I'll, well, mess around with it! That is sweet looking!

Argh, 120 MB for 3DS... 3KB a second is not my definition of fun, and a torrent would take all summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.