don't click here

TUTORIAL: Import art to SonED2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ambil, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    I will show you how to import tiles to SonED2 using the ability of this wonderful hacking program. What do you need:

- A tile sheet (BMP/PNG preferible)
    - SonED2 (oh but of course),
    - Adobe Photoshop 8 or another good image management tool

Note: I am currently using the Spanish version of Photoshop, I hope you will understand my translation of the commands

1. First off, open your project in SonED2 (Marble Zone in my case, I already hacked the pallets), use the Tile Dump function and save the PCX file somewhere sensible.

[​IMG]

2. Open that PCX tile dump in Adobe Photoshop, you should get four long colums of tiles. Now, click in the correspondant commands "Image -> Mode -> Color Array".

[​IMG]

3. Click on Save (Guardar) and store the color array in ACT format. VERY IMPORTANT, you must get this file later, so remember where you save it.

[​IMG]

4. Now it's time to get our tile sheet. Open the picture in Photoshop and save it as PCX format BUT DON'T DELETE THE ORIGINAL ONE!. This done, open the Color Array box as explained in Step 2, and now click on Load (Cargar) the ACT table.

[​IMG]

5. The tile sheet may appear fucked up, but don't worry, load the previous tile sheet in BMP/PNG and paste its content over the messed PCX image. Now we have a shiny tile sheet that we can save and directly load into SonED2, as shown in the last picture.

[​IMG]

That's all. Worked for me in Sonic 1, tell me if you got any errors or don't understand something. Ah, also sorry to the 56kers if they had problem downloading the help pictures.

Good night everyone and sweet hacks,

~Ambil

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I need to pirate Photoshop.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Graphics Gale should suffice as well... You can even swap palette colors by drag and drop! Really handy. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.