don't click here

3DFX "Black Belt" versus Sega Pluto

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by doc eggfan, Jun 24, 2016.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  2. Dee Liteyears

Dee Liteyears

deep in the past
    Spriting and hardly getting shit done
    Wow, that's some crazy find! Especially going by the date of the website. So it seems that actual pics of the Pluto's casing were already around, years before we knew that it actually is the Pluto's casing?
    Also the first time I ever heard about this thing.

BTW When did this thing first showed up? I found the same pic in a forum post dating back to 2004
    https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/picture-of-segas-3dfx-based-blackbelt-console.11241/

[​IMG]

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It'll be Pluto concept art mistaken for something Dreamcast related.

With the Sega Saturn we know it took months for them to put the actual hardware in a shell - I think, given that there were two teams working in parallel on different systems, it's unlikely that Sega were actively designing console casing until the Black Belt project had been scrapped in favour of Dural/Katana. And even the earliest info we have suggests four control ports, and I'm not sure a cartridge slot was ever considered.

It's an old site and it's probably wrong.

4. Dee Liteyears

Dee Liteyears

deep in the past
    Spriting and hardly getting shit done
    Would make sense. Though it's still interesting to see how early pics of it cropped up in the internet, just to be almost forgotten about zentrum-der-darm.info Darmreinigung und Darmsanierung http://www.zentrum-der-darm.info/darmsanierung-mit-schuessler-salzen/